"Gwynneth's Australia - Oceania" Australia and Oceania by Gwynneth
Australia and Oceania Travel Guide: 66,613 reviews and 167,143 photos
Life in Australia is always changing... we are a relaitivley new country compaired with Europe... with our laid back friendly nature and wide open spaces Australia provides a great place for diverse and amazing holidays.
You can achieve so much here in Australia, from relaxing on a tropical coral island and scuba diving the many surrounding reefs to skiing Australia's wild snow slopes during the day and thawing out around an open log fire whilst making new friends at the ski lodge in the evening.
There are harsh deserts and powerful rivers that bring with them their own challenges. Our oceans have carved ruggered cliffs and serene beaches of long white sand that have become icons of Australia's rugged beauty.
Most of Australias inhabitants dwell around the coastline of this small continent. The further you travel inland the more sparse and arid conditions become.
Surfing and spending time near the beach is a part of Australia's lifestyle! There are plenty of hire places at local and remote towns if you can't bring your own board. Picnic areas, grasslands and Restrooms are available at most of Australias beach zones around our cities and towns. If you're looking for your 'own' beach space then you can find that too... just a little drive beyond the hustle and bustle of suburbia.
Come visit Australia... here is a place you will always be very welcome!
- Pros:Sensational wide open spaces!
- Cons:Not enough time to explore this great land.
- In a nutshell:More than great swimmers and gold medals!
Believe it or not Holland isn't the only place reknowned for Tulips. Australia manages to grow them beautifully... more travel advice
AUSTRALIAN WildFlowers... imagine scorching hot dry sandy plains suddenly bursting into life after the first rains!... more travel advice
- Typically Aussie
- Breathtaking every time...
- A little Australian history...
- The Swan Bells
Written Sep 12, 2003
Written Nov 29, 2004
Time to go flower shooting...
Gwynneth's Related Pages
Australia and Oceania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "14 days travelling through Australia by car"
- "NO DOUBT, AUSTRALIA IS A TOP TOURIST DESTINATION"
- "Aboriginal Australia"
- "Being in Australia in Oceania"
- "Cruising on a Queues Ship"
- "olja1234's new Australia-Oceania Page"
- "Welcome to Australia and Oceania!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia and Oceania
- Hotels in Australia and Oceania
- Transportation in Australia and Oceania
- Nightlife in Australia and Oceania
- Restaurants in Australia and Oceania
- Shopping in Australia and Oceania
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia and Oceania
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Australia and Oceania
- 149 Reviews
- 263 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Australia and Oceania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia and Oceania
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: Very Sad News"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Getting Around Australia"
- created a Australia and Oceania Travelogue "Time to go flower shooting..."
- Wrote a Review Tonnes of Tulips in Australia and Oceania Things to Do
- Commented on one of pepples46's Australia and Oceania travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 36 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Subiaco Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Cairo Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Broome Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Top Australia and Oceania hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2280 Reviews - 4796 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5783 Reviews - 13449 Photos
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 845 Reviews - 1806 Photos
- Nadi Hotels
- 104 Reviews - 296 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 972 Reviews - 2107 Photos
- Auckland Hotels
- 1035 Reviews - 2290 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 847 Reviews - 2096 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1596 Reviews - 3435 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Wellington Hotels
- 590 Reviews - 1255 Photos
- Bora-Bora Hotels
- 291 Reviews - 584 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Darwin Hotels
- 685 Reviews - 2049 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 863 Reviews - 2188 Photos