"Swept away by Broome." Top 5 Page for this destination Broome by Gwynneth
Broome Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 425 photos
Its the middle of winter in Perth at this time of year and for a summer baby like me, its about all I can take of the rain, cold and clouds. So what do you do to shake the winter blues?! Book a weekend to Broome of course!! Its always summer in Broome and winter is the perfect time to experience its sensational beach surroundings without the rain and humidity of summer.
You'll find Broome 2200km north of the Perth. The Port of Broome is situated at Entrance Point, on the tip of the Broome peninsula, 9km south of the town. Broome became a town in 1884 and five years later they established the Port there.
There are two main beaches in Broome that run down either side of the peninsula one is Town Beach and the other is the more well known Cable Beach. Town Beach has a 900m jetty (you can see it in the aerial photo) that was built in 1896 to compensate for the enormous tide differences. Once the jetty was complete ships no longer had to wait for high tide to come into Port.
We've grown from one to six! Its taken a while, but its best not to rush a good thing! :o) Dad has never been one to hurry... my brother takes after him, that's not all bad, unless you're waiting to use the bathroom!!
My brother Chris and new sister-in-law Wendy are lucky enough to have both found work in this beautiful part of the world. Chris - chief pilot of a local airline and Wendy - doctor for the local Broome community and remote rural areas.
It's all about timing and as my parents are currently up there helping run a health program for six weeks, my daughter and I thought it a perfect opportunity for a family gathering.
- Pros:Sun, sand and relaxed people everywhere
- Cons:Booking a weekend... when really you want to stay a week!
- In a nutshell:More than pearls and headstones.
The fishing is great in Broome so board a fishing boat and go catch your dinner off the shores of Roebuck Bay or Cable... more travel advice
... Broome, its safe and some of the gardens are illuminated at night. Just after the sun has set and the camel beach... more travel advice
Gwynneth's Related Pages
Broome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Broome -gateway to the fabulous Kimberley"
- "My trip to Broome"
- "Broome for Beginners"
- "My new home."
- "Swept away by Broome."
- "Holiday Central"
- "Can We Stay For One More Sunset? - Broome - WA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Broome
- Hotels in Broome
- Transportation in Broome
- Nightlife in Broome
- Restaurants in Broome
- Shopping in Broome
- Warnings and Dangers in Broome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Broome
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Broome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Broome
Photos in BroomeSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 36 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Subiaco Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Cairo Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broome Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos