"Gwynneth's Kings Park" Kings Park by Gwynneth
Kings Park Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 69 photos
Playing tour guide for an old school friend of mine - Col - helped me rediscover this awesome park that I drive past so many times a week on my way to work.
Kings Park is literally, a few minutes from the Central Business District and no matter how many times I've been to there in the past, its always a fantastic place to find the real perspective of where things are at in Perth and its surrounding suburbs.
The views go on forever here at Kings Park and now the new TreeTop walk really makes the most of them!
Kings Park is about 400 hectares, approximately two thirds are unspoilt bushland, which during the wildflower season (September and October), erupt into colour. The remaining third is gracefully landscaped gardens, picnic and BBQ areas and playgrounds.
The Swan is the river that runs through Perth and winds its way down to Fremantle and out to the Indian Ocean. Kings Park allows you to see its path so easily from every vantage point.
- Pros:Views forever
- Cons:Parking is tricky because its so popular
- In a nutshell:More than a tourist destination!
In Summer, Kings Park must be enjoyed at night. The drive up the main road in Kings Park lined with uplit gum trees is... more travel advice
The Annual Spring Wildflower Festival is Australia's largest and notably varied massed of Native Plants and Wildflowers... more travel advice
Gwynneth's Related Pages
Kings Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gwynneth's Kings Park"
- "Kings Park - A lovely place to visit in Perth"
- "KINGS PARK....PERTH ...W.A."
- "King's Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kings Park
- Transportation in Kings Park
- Nightlife in Kings Park
- Restaurants in Kings Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kings Park
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kings Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kings Park
Photos in Kings ParkSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 36 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Subiaco Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Cairo Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broome Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos