"Discover Rottnest Island" Rottnest Island by Gwynneth
Rottnest Island Travel Guide: 240 reviews and 544 photos
Imagine swimming there! Crazy thought I know... but once a year hundreds of people try and most of them succeed! Back in 1977 this madness began with only 26 swimmers and now its on the world Ocean Swim Calendar. The Rottnest Channel Swim not only attracts high profile solo swimmers but school groups and and relay teams too.
For those of you that don't get into the 'swim of things' that seriously there is plenty of other ways to be involved. For instance, you can be a support crew in a boat or canoe or you can be like me and simply enjoy watching these exhausted swimmers emerge from the cool oceans depths of their 4hour plus swim from the comfort of your beach towel!
We found supporting our champagne glass in one hand whilst maintaining a conversation with the other to be rewarding enough!
Visit Rottnest Island... you can get around on bikes or walk... there are no cars just people powered vehicles. Crystal blue ocean surrounds this small island.
Scuba diving, surfing, snokeling and sailing are some of the things you can find yourself getting the urge to try at this magical little place.
My favourite thing is watching the sunset over the ocean from the white sandy beaches and secluded bays at Rottnest Island. Little Parokeet Bay is sensational!
There's nothing like sharing good times with friends in an environment like this.
Great resturants and accommodation are ready to serve you if you can't leave the unique wildlife and island lifestyle that insists on you relaxing leaving your worldly cares behind on the mainland.
Follow this link for a great site to find out more about Rottnest Island only 20 minutes by Island Supercat from the Fremantle Habour near Perth Western Australia.
- Pros:Just 20 minutes by Ferry
- Cons:Hard to leave and head back to the mainland.
- In a nutshell:More than surfing and biking riding... there's a pub too!
Vehicles are banned on Rottnest Island however you can hire bicycles for around $24 per day. Its not that difficult to... more travel advice
The Quokka Arms' rooms are great for a romantic getaway or family break. Rooms are fully serviced and include private... more travel advice
Gwynneth's Related Pages
Rottnest Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Rottnest Island"
- "IMPREXXION: ROTTNEST ISLAND"
- "Rottnest, but the Australians say "Rotto""
- "Rottnest Island ~ Island of the Quokkas"
- "Rottnest - A great day out in Perth!!"
- "Rottnest Island"
- "Perth's playground"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rottnest Island
- Hotels in Rottnest Island
- Transportation in Rottnest Island
- Nightlife in Rottnest Island
- Restaurants in Rottnest Island
- Shopping in Rottnest Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Rottnest Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rottnest Island
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Rottnest Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rottnest Island
Photos in Rottnest IslandSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 36 reviews, 75 photos, 4 travelogues
- Subiaco Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Cairo Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Broome Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Thailand Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Latest Rottnest Island hotel reviews
- Rottnest Lodge
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013