"Sensational Subiaco" Subiaco by Gwynneth

Subiaco Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 50 photos

Melbourne Cup in Perth!

When you can't make it to the 'real thing' there are always plenty of alternatives!!

The Advertising Agency where I design, always takes the whole day off for the Melbourne Cup! We book a table at the Subiaco Hotel and enjoy the race beamed LIVE on the big screen from Melbourne before sitting down to a 4 course luncheon and much flowing champagne!

Subiaco is best known for...

... catching up with friends! You can't go wrong here. No matter if its business or pleasure, Subiaco will have just the right place to set the event. For all of us here it was a VT meet and greet, so Oriels was chosen and as you can tell from this photo... we weren't dissappointed!!

Carparking...

... parking a car in any city inner suburb is always a challenge - esspecially if you're trying to meet up with someone and park somewhere near them so you can walk together.

Can you imagine our suprise (on our first VT meeting) at discovering at the end of the night we had all park in a row? Maybe to some this isn't such a big thing... but about 4 hours earlier we didn't even know what each other looked like in person let alone what car they drove!

Its all a little spooky! (but nice tee hee hee)

• Pros:So many good cafes to choose from
  • Cons:Trying to park when the 'footy' is on
  • In a nutshell:Subi is the meeting place for the real people of Perth
  • Last visit to Subiaco: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 19, 2005

• BarryAir's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2006 at 6:08 PM

Shagadellic!!!!! Barry in Louisiana (disaster area)

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2005 at 3:39 AM

Very indepth page of Subiaco. I love viferent faces of Gwynneth. Excellent pictures.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2005 at 3:17 AM

Hi Gwynneth: yours are really fairy tale pages! Thanks for sharing and making me envy you over there :-) Thanks for visiting my Barcelona/Gaudi page: I can recommend that gorgeous city to you & everyone! elisabeth.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2005 at 12:01 AM

oh wow! look at all you gals. Austin Powers would have a field day. : )

• majicsilverrose's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 4:03 AM

Thanks G, I had a wonderful day wandering round subiaco when I was over there, I ended up buying books !! just the thing for backpacking ! whats happening with Hawaiiiiii ?

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2004 at 7:40 PM

Hey Gwynneth, you party animal you :o) Yeh Subi's fun hey!! Fancy that, you guys all parked next to eachother!! haha. Cheers, Ann :o)

• chrispuk's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2004 at 12:26 PM

Many Thanks for your Perth/ Subiaco pics Gwynneth. Looking forward to our visit in June.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2004 at 10:14 PM

Gr8 to revisit Subi via your pages Gwynneth. Is that a Margaret River red I spy? Speaking of red..., I don't have to wear a pair of those RED shoes to get into the Llama Bar with you guys do I? LOL!

• FOotFetish's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2003 at 5:04 AM

Gwen! Happy B'day! hope it's not too late! Did u get pissed on ya big day? Hee!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 4:35 AM

Had to have a look at Subiaco. And what did I see? A beautiful lady in a hat! (BTW HB 2 U!)

Gwynneth

“Heart makes it start... passion makes it happen... drive keeps it alive.”

Badges & Stats in Subiaco

Have you been to Subiaco?

Latest Activity in Subiaco