"Chengdu" Chengdu by l_joo

Chengdu Travel Guide: 617 reviews and 1,619 photos

I went to Chengdu 2002 and 2004, only two years, the city looked like another, probably too fast in developement and let me warn you, the population here is beyond your imgination, definitely more than 5 millions, especially crowded at railway station. City buses are quite convenience to get around, lots of electric bicycles, lots of pedestrians, lots of cars, lots of high rise buildings, etc. Good for you to spend money in shopping. The bus station we arrived was something called west, or east, or south, or north, too big, too many, too confuse, no way for a beginner like me to remember, even though I can read Chinese. The only few places I can remember was the location of my guesthouse (Long-Tang 30 yuan per bed), its an international youth hostel located at the backpackers' street, an old antique feel street with big shady trees, jampacked with tourists and many easy relax tables at roadside for you to 'waste time'. From there I can walk to the main street to catch a city bus to railway station, shopping, etc, in fact the guesthouse has all kinds of travel services, you only need to ask them, very reliable info you, because I was there.

I came here not for sightseeing but just passing by on my way home, not particularly into its attractions, peoples, history, etc. I just tell what I saw, its better to build my page this way, originality perhaps. The city itself was too modern, too big to explore, need maybe two months here to build a complete page. Overall its quite comforatble and easy, good impression I have to say, no cons so far. Nobody care to stare at you, they are too bust working, no time to entertain you, that's good, I like being alone quietly. Most tourists came here for the purpose of visiting Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong, Ermei mountain, Wolong nature reserve, etc.

Crossing street can be a skill test for tourists, just look. The weather was comfortable, but too misty, it makes you feel like late evening all the time. I think if you want to spend time in shopping, this city is too perfect for you, I saw so many shopping malls in huge sizes yet modern, just the matter how much money do you have. Eating is too easy, I just ate at any restaurants, I can speak Chinese language, too easy for me but too big, I don't have the energy to explore so much.

• Last visit to Chengdu: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2005

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Chengdu

Have you been to Chengdu?

Latest Activity in Chengdu