"Chengdu" Chengdu by l_joo
Chengdu Travel Guide: 619 reviews and 1,634 photos
I went to Chengdu 2002 and 2004, only two years, the city looked like another, probably too fast in developement and let me warn you, the population here is beyond your imgination, definitely more than 5 millions, especially crowded at railway station. City buses are quite convenience to get around, lots of electric bicycles, lots of pedestrians, lots of cars, lots of high rise buildings, etc. Good for you to spend money in shopping. The bus station we arrived was something called west, or east, or south, or north, too big, too many, too confuse, no way for a beginner like me to remember, even though I can read Chinese. The only few places I can remember was the location of my guesthouse (Long-Tang 30 yuan per bed), its an international youth hostel located at the backpackers' street, an old antique feel street with big shady trees, jampacked with tourists and many easy relax tables at roadside for you to 'waste time'. From there I can walk to the main street to catch a city bus to railway station, shopping, etc, in fact the guesthouse has all kinds of travel services, you only need to ask them, very reliable info you, because I was there.
I came here not for sightseeing but just passing by on my way home, not particularly into its attractions, peoples, history, etc. I just tell what I saw, its better to build my page this way, originality perhaps. The city itself was too modern, too big to explore, need maybe two months here to build a complete page. Overall its quite comforatble and easy, good impression I have to say, no cons so far. Nobody care to stare at you, they are too bust working, no time to entertain you, that's good, I like being alone quietly. Most tourists came here for the purpose of visiting Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong, Ermei mountain, Wolong nature reserve, etc.
Crossing street can be a skill test for tourists, just look. The weather was comfortable, but too misty, it makes you feel like late evening all the time. I think if you want to spend time in shopping, this city is too perfect for you, I saw so many shopping malls in huge sizes yet modern, just the matter how much money do you have. Eating is too easy, I just ate at any restaurants, I can speak Chinese language, too easy for me but too big, I don't have the energy to explore so much.
Remeber to eat some dried meat floss when visit Chengdu. This city, you can see many shops or inside supermarket, many... more travel advice
This picture has many peoples, they are very strong peoples to me especially for me, from tropical Malaysia. Why I think... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Chengdu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bright lights and many motorcycles!"
- "Chengdu - Home of China's Pandas"
- "Chengdu - A city of interesting culture"
- "THE CITY OF CHENGDU"
- "Chengdu - Home of the endangered Giant Panda."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chengdu
- Hotels in Chengdu
- Transportation in Chengdu
- Nightlife in Chengdu
- Restaurants in Chengdu
- Shopping in Chengdu
- Warnings and Dangers in Chengdu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chengdu
- 21 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Chengdu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chengdu
Photos in ChengduSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues