"Shache (Yarkand)" Shache by l_joo
Shache Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 9 photos
"....A majority of the local population converted to Islam under Mongolian rule. Marco Polo visited Yarkand twice in this period, in 1271 and 1275.... " from a website.
Yarkand is the old name of Shache, I was here in 2004 on the way to see the great Taklimakan Desert. I have to say this is a good place to enjoy life, take a look at peoples here relaxing on the food street. This is a main street actually very easy to locate in town centre nearby the bus station and our hotel. The moment we saw this, without think twice, we just grab the chair and sit down. Almost all peoples in Shache drink beer, the XinJiang Beer. They drink beer, eat meats, eat a whole chicken with hands, first time to me, eye opening. They are not peoples like city boys or city girls, I saw them talking very loud, drink big mug of beer, eat big meat, etc, quite the characters of bold and forthright, what a place!
Shache roast fishes, very delicious.
This is a signboard placed here by the government to educate peoples to be civilized. The title is, < The 10 Must-Not-Do in Civilized Street >. and the rest were; 1. Do not leave unwanted things everywhere. 2. Do not dump garbage everywhere and so on. You can find many more signboards and slogans written big on walls, most commonly seen was those birth control ones.
Shache and the rest of China are the same that 'Aliens' are not supposed to stay in guesthouses, you must only stay in... more travel advice
It was after school, a mother is riding this motorcycle send her precious boy home, halfway, they stop, I don't know why... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Shache Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Shache
- Hotels in Shache
- Transportation in Shache
- Restaurants in Shache
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Shache
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Shache?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shache
Photos in ShacheSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues