"ShaoGuan" Shaoguan by l_joo
Shaoguan Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 88 photos
ShaoGuan, a smaller town of Guangdong Province up north, not far away from Hunan Province is a town mostly surrounded by farms and hills, industrial and modern apartments mixed. Town planning here looks very similar to other towns of Guangdong Province, you will notice also a lot of motorcycle-taxi zooming around searching for income.
I would say a very easy town for tourist, everthing you need can be found at the town center, railway station, 1 to 5 star hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, river view, and many more.
Ask your hotel to arrange Day-trip to the 2010 listed UNESCO World Heritage Site of DANXIA, or visit Ru-Yuan Great Valley of ShaoGuan《韶关乳源大峡谷》 See these images to believe
Shaoguan has a nicely built public garden + sports center, the name of this garden is Zhong Shan Garden. Free of charge, no entrance fees needed. Inside the garden you will find 2 large football fields, 1 mid sized artificial football field, 3 swimming pools, many ponds, billiards, chess, etc.
The garden itself is not very big, as it is built inside a small town, surrounded densely by high-rise buildings. It is good for a walk, taking in fresh air and looking at greeneries.
Image #3 is the bustling area in Shaoguan town, no vehicles allowed in, only pedestrians.
At night especially crowded, very much similar to the famous Beijing Road of Guangzhou, to me it looks like a "copy & paste" kind of replica street. Walking further deep inside, somewhere in the middle of it, you will find a McDonalds restaurant located nicely at a corner shop, wow cool.....exactly the way it looks like in Beijing Road.
Over here in China, shop owners hired young teenage promoters, let them standing in front of the shop, usually in 2 groups or in 2 rolls, let them clapping hands while shouting "welcome to our shop...and blah blad blah!"
This tip is about an incident I saw and witnessed while boarding the train, attached is a photo (a little blur, sorry) I... more travel advice
Over here in most of Guangdong Province, they rely a lot on these small motorcycles as their taxi. Just hop on any of... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Shaoguan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shaoguan - Rugged Region of Guangdong province"
- "4 wheel rally from dongguan to shaoguan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shaoguan
- Hotels in Shaoguan
- Transportation in Shaoguan
- Restaurants in Shaoguan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shaoguan
- 7 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Shaoguan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shaoguan
Videos in ShaoguanSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues