"Wuhan 2012" Wuhan by l_joo
Wuhan Travel Guide: 168 reviews and 520 photos
Wuhan 《武汉》is another big city (978 million population) separated by a huge river. The eastern portion is WuChang《武昌》，HanKou《汉口》and HanYang《汉阳》both at west, also separated by river. The impression I get here is "heavy traffic jams" because I suffered a horrible 4 hours of jam on the way back to my hotel. I recall the horrible traffic jam occurred at the road nearby the pedestrian street, all the way until where I can see the Gucci shop, the name of the road is JieFang DaDao. My second image is the Old De Temple (Gu De Si) located at a slightly less populated street GongNongBingLu《工农兵路》, at the time I visit, the surrounding areas are in construction, which means the old temple will be locked inside by high rise buildings soon.
Getting from a place to another is a huge problem over here. "Good luck to you" is perhaps the best I can say to tourists, you might want to consider spending money on the "scooter taxi" (usually 30 Yuan per short ride) or you better be prepared yourself stuck in the horrible traffic jam for hours, just to see an attraction. Even taking a taxi over here needs "fighting and strategy" because there are always many peoples ahead of you waving a taxi. Not only that, even if you managed to get onto a taxi, you need to "fight" again the moment you arrived at the attraction. I was at the most famous Yellow Crane Tower with a sea of tourists "fighting" for a spot to stand for photography.
Every minutes here is about competency and pressure, and I heard Shanghai is double.
GuDeSi Temple 《古德寺》is not too easy to find (but is very easy now with my tip). I... more travel advice
The Pedestrian Street or JiangHanLu is what the locals like most when I asked “ where to go for a walk…? ”. The location... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Wuhan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In Wuhan bist ni allan...."
- "A Revolutionary City"
- "urban4est's Wuhan Page"
- "Another huge city in China"
- "Wuhan 2012"
- "My four day stay in Wuhan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wuhan
- Hotels in Wuhan
- Transportation in Wuhan
- Nightlife in Wuhan
- Restaurants in Wuhan
- Shopping in Wuhan
- Warnings and Dangers in Wuhan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wuhan
- 11 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (182)
Have you been to Wuhan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wuhan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues