"Wuhan 2012" Wuhan by l_joo

Wuhan Travel Guide: 168 reviews and 520 photos

Wuhan 《武汉》is another big city (978 million population) separated by a huge river. The eastern portion is WuChang《武昌》,HanKou《汉口》and HanYang《汉阳》both at west, also separated by river. The impression I get here is "heavy traffic jams" because I suffered a horrible 4 hours of jam on the way back to my hotel. I recall the horrible traffic jam occurred at the road nearby the pedestrian street, all the way until where I can see the Gucci shop, the name of the road is JieFang DaDao. My second image is the Old De Temple (Gu De Si) located at a slightly less populated street GongNongBingLu《工农兵路》, at the time I visit, the surrounding areas are in construction, which means the old temple will be locked inside by high rise buildings soon.

Getting from a place to another is a huge problem over here. "Good luck to you" is perhaps the best I can say to tourists, you might want to consider spending money on the "scooter taxi" (usually 30 Yuan per short ride) or you better be prepared yourself stuck in the horrible traffic jam for hours, just to see an attraction. Even taking a taxi over here needs "fighting and strategy" because there are always many peoples ahead of you waving a taxi. Not only that, even if you managed to get onto a taxi, you need to "fight" again the moment you arrived at the attraction. I was at the most famous Yellow Crane Tower with a sea of tourists "fighting" for a spot to stand for photography.

Every minutes here is about competency and pressure, and I heard Shanghai is double.

• Last visit to Wuhan: Dec 2011
  • Intro Updated May 23, 2014

Comments

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Wuhan