Gilgit Transportation Tips by l_joo
Gilgit Transportation: 7 reviews and 7 photos
Mashabrum bus ticket, we bought the ticket in Mansehra, 430Rs each to come here. 16 hours + in total on the Karakoram Highway along with the Indus River. Breathtaking scenery, only one stop at midnight, at a restaurant unknown. I ate some chapati there and tea, couldn't recall the place name.
When Akhtar stop for refill, we saw the petrol price was at a shocking high price, it was like double compare to my country, terrible. I think only very rich peoples can afford driving in here.
This is the ticket counter, very simple, good service, reasonable price, nice peoples. You can arrange everything you need with them, make sure you talk to peoples able to speak English, not speak to everyone.
Mashabrum Bus is the one I took from Mansehra to Gilgit, is not the best bus I believe but still okay. The bus is 430Rs each and it took some 16hrs total or more, always expect more. Picture is the Mashabrum Bus and the guy is an American tourist, he is alone.
Gilgit by bus is easy, how easy sir? Inshallahly easy sir. Okay, actually tourists only have to come here with pocket of money, everything can be arranged so easily at the bus station and the bus station is right here in Gilgit's town centre or some 3 minutes distance from town centre to be exact. Here you can buy your bus ticket and go anywhere you like and you can expect to sit with goats, not only humans. For rich tourists, you can save your time, there are lots of Akhtar around, they are searching for tourists all the time, so if you are rich, you can talk price with them to arrange for the entire trip of Northern Pakistan, they will be so much appreciated if you do this. I am not a rich tourist, I am shiit poor, so I got my bus ticket to Karimabad 70Rs.
More Reviews (75)
- Nanga Parbat Climbs
- No trap
- See All A backyard
- See All Taking photos
l_joo's Related Pages
Gilgit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gilgit The Winner 2011 Polo Festival"
- "Capital of the Northern Areas"
- "GILGIT - A Valley covered by magnificent mountains"
- "A nice place to discover"
- "MY GILGIT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gilgit
- Hotels in Gilgit
- Transportation in Gilgit
- Restaurants in Gilgit
- Shopping in Gilgit
- Warnings and Dangers in Gilgit
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gilgit
- 80 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Gilgit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gilgit
Photos in GilgitSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues