Gilgit Off The Beaten Path Tips by l_joo
Gilgit Off The Beaten Path: 20 reviews and 20 photos
Here you can see some Pakistanis standing to wait for the foods, we were waiting too. They Pakistanis all or almost all the men are wearing this way, only change in color of the cloth, all of them look quite same to me.
The bald boy insisted to join them, he just can't wait, he wants to be included. After this, he wants a photo of him alone.
Who else, who else wants to stand here for photos? The mother is still missing, she won't step in, eventhough the husband encouraged her.
One of my favourite collections, this is a photo of all four of them, beautiful fours. Taking photos of girls in this country is not easy, you will find out later when you come here, so I won't miss the opportunity.
Driving to the Naltar Valley is driving in withing these rocks, no proper roads, all natural, a perfect place for nature lovers, don't come here with stupid luxury tourists, they will sure tell you to improve the roads, build a resort, 5 star hotels, etc and last turned the whole environment into shiit.
Andy was here trying to practice his camera skills with his FM2. The guy standing is an American tourist, we ate breakfast here on the table. Look at the bench we sit, wow.
This is a wall of a house, I mean this is what you can see in Gilgit villagers' house, the walls and doors are this look, basic, simple, no pollutions.
The two guys came at very last minutes, they are from the steel workshop, when they saw me taking the kids photos, they also want one and after that they gave me their address to wait for me sending the photos.
They are school boys, Akhtar stops a while here and I show up my camera without talking, they automatically line up nicely this way.
This shot was actually Akhtar's idea, he said " Take the photo, the woman is beautiful, take the photo !! " while driving. He certainly knows how to pick the good ones, the woman in picture isso beautiful.
More Reviews (62)
- Nanga Parbat Climbs
- No trap
- See All A backyard
- See All The bus ticket
l_joo's Related Pages
Gilgit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gilgit The Winner 2011 Polo Festival"
- "Capital of the Northern Areas"
- "GILGIT - A Valley covered by magnificent mountains"
- "A nice place to discover"
- "MY GILGIT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gilgit
- Hotels in Gilgit
- Transportation in Gilgit
- Restaurants in Gilgit
- Shopping in Gilgit
- Warnings and Dangers in Gilgit
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gilgit
- 80 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Gilgit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gilgit
Photos in GilgitSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues