"Harappa" Harappa by l_joo

Harappa Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 129 photos

Harappa of 4500 year ago
One of the four largest ancient urban civilizations located here on the Indus Valley. Another 3 were Mesopotamia, Egypt and China. From what I read especially www.harappa.com, the Mesopotamians have trading connections with the Harappans.....

One of the best photo taken by l_joo is this one, Harappa old market. I saw a woman with her possession up on her head wrapping up in a piece of cloth to look for some melons on sale here. The old market is a place where you can snap at least 10 rolls of films with every scene looks as attractive as this one. The small town of Harappa is less populated, so it was that kind of place I wanted where local peoples seemed so friendly, so happy to see tourists coming into their town.

Meet the Harappans
This photo is taken from the archeological site just next to the museum. The thing that we sat on was one part of the ancient ruins but a reconstructed one, according to them. The guy sitting on right is a nice young man whom we met on the bus while the one in long Pakistani robe is an English teacher of Harappa school. Peoples of Harappa are just so friendly to invite us to their house to serve us cold drinks and they even offer free long stays with them in their village but we just don't have the time. This is one of the best in this trip especially when I step on the soil of the oldest civilization in the Indus river bank.

Harappa Museum of archeology
200Rs per entry is the entrance fee for foreigners. I remembered a guy in the bus told me he dislike Harappa museum because he said there were nothing to see except a museum. To me it was okay because I would not mind just a museum but I enjoy the visit to a place that already existed for more than 4500 plus years. To visit such place is already a pride for a tourist, therefore I don't really care about the museum but it was the visit together with the nature, landscapes and peoples that counts.

• Last visit to Harappa: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2004

• besal's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 4:48 AM

Very nice...specially the way you have covered a small place...giving it the importance that is due!

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2006 at 6:08 AM

Hehehe. Funny tips about Harappa. I had a good laugh and you seem to have enjoyed the place. :)

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2005 at 10:30 AM

nicely done page in light heartedness on an archaeolical place of gigormous proportions. however for harrappa n indus valley civilization pls read my tip :-)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 6:21 AM

Good job, interesting tips and pictures!

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 4:31 AM

Great Harappa Page, cool how you comments your pics... greetzzz RoyJava

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2004 at 11:57 PM

This page is genius!! World famous world traveler Lim Joo endorses Isis brand water... Thus, Isis brand will be the best choice at all times in Harappa.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2004 at 11:40 PM

It's good to know that they have Great Sugar Cane Juice!! I love it!!

• Jun 13, 2004 at 3:32 AM

hmm yet to see harrappa !..i mean 'me' , not you !..

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2003 at 2:45 AM

Nobody Home?

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Harappa

Have you been to Harappa?

Latest Activity in Harappa