"Harappa" Harappa by l_joo
Harappa Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 129 photos
Harappa of 4500 year ago
One of the four largest ancient urban civilizations located here on the Indus Valley. Another 3 were Mesopotamia, Egypt and China. From what I read especially www.harappa.com, the Mesopotamians have trading connections with the Harappans.....
One of the best photo taken by l_joo is this one, Harappa old market. I saw a woman with her possession up on her head wrapping up in a piece of cloth to look for some melons on sale here. The old market is a place where you can snap at least 10 rolls of films with every scene looks as attractive as this one. The small town of Harappa is less populated, so it was that kind of place I wanted where local peoples seemed so friendly, so happy to see tourists coming into their town.
Meet the Harappans
This photo is taken from the archeological site just next to the museum. The thing that we sat on was one part of the ancient ruins but a reconstructed one, according to them. The guy sitting on right is a nice young man whom we met on the bus while the one in long Pakistani robe is an English teacher of Harappa school. Peoples of Harappa are just so friendly to invite us to their house to serve us cold drinks and they even offer free long stays with them in their village but we just don't have the time. This is one of the best in this trip especially when I step on the soil of the oldest civilization in the Indus river bank.
Harappa Museum of archeology
200Rs per entry is the entrance fee for foreigners. I remembered a guy in the bus told me he dislike Harappa museum because he said there were nothing to see except a museum. To me it was okay because I would not mind just a museum but I enjoy the visit to a place that already existed for more than 4500 plus years. To visit such place is already a pride for a tourist, therefore I don't really care about the museum but it was the visit together with the nature, landscapes and peoples that counts.
- See All The museum entrance fees
- See All Semi off the beaten path
- See All The first contact
- A Harappa Shopping Tip
l_joo's Related Pages
Harappa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Harappa - Indus Civilization"
- "The Ancient city of Harappa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harappa
- Hotels in Harappa
- Transportation in Harappa
- Restaurants in Harappa
- Shopping in Harappa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harappa
- 54 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Harappa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harappa
Photos in HarappaSee All Photos (98)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues