"Wagah Border" Wagah by l_joo

Wagah Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 30 photos

Look how happy I was. I just happy whenever its time to cross border prbably it has the feeling that I already step into another territory of another country. But in another way, I hate passport visa and currencies, so maybe it was that kind of love and hate in high contrast that makes me so excited whenever come to crossing border.

This is the Pakistani border built into a look of a castle. It was just a arch and a guard standing there to ask you to show him your passport and he might want to ask you some questions depending on his mood of the day but not much to worry. The surprise comes last when we were almost through, saw a guy sitting so steadily at the end of the custom office and we saw him, he saw us. He nodded his head meaning want us there, so we walk there to him and he asked a funny question "do you have shampoo?"

Here is the last of the last of Wagah border. To get to this point, one has to go through so many sections and so many scrutinies at last come to this gate. So its not that easy but it was full of funs and excitements. I have lots of memories on this location. Overall I have successfully made it to Lahore taking a bus just a few steps of walk from the gate. What an experience.

• Last visit to Wagah: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 23, 2004

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 7:01 AM

Haha, your and my opinion on crossing borders are very similar. Well, since we have less borders (and one currency) in Europe I a little bit miss them. But... I wouldn't like to see them back.

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Wagah