"Jinjangology" Jinjang by l_joo

Jinjang Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Traditionalism
Jinjang of Kepong is well known as a Tanglang district or Chinese New Village. Residents of Jinjang are very different from those in the modern city centre. Here they are still living the ‘very Chinese way’ where temples shrines are a must in their daily life. The moment I park my car, I can see a Mercedes-Benz whizzed past me to park at the other corner, I saw the car’s number plate ### 168.
I get out from my car, a dog staring at me right in front but did not bark. Must be Jinjangese’s idea to cage the dog, however I took the photo. Few houses away a temple, another few shops another temple and then I crossed the main road to see another bigger temple. Walking by the big temple, I can see another house turned temple and inside the house I can see so many hanging joss-sticks of spiraling shapes. Without thinking twice, I quickly take a photo as my Jinjang page’s central photo.

Very the Jinjang
A place like Jinjang is not easy to build a tourism page, if you don’t believe me, come have a look. This Jinjang is very Jinjang, until I have no idea where to start with, luckily by fluke I walk into one of its focal point in the morning market. Here is Jinjang’s most crowded spot where I can see aunties and uncles sitting inside the coffee shop in one-leg-up style. Residents are in the mood of buying their daily cooking materials while kids are busy chasing around each others.

Election days
I was lucky I think to meet this kind of political propagandist in Jinjangese district. This gentleman has a good loud-speaker to enhance his speeches. He speaks in Mandarin and part of the content I can remembered was something that a good politician must be able to speak bravely during conferences, so and so. I am not in the mood to get involve in politics but more concentrating in build my page of VT.

• In a nutshell:Very the Jinjang
  • Last visit to Jinjang: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 17, 2004

• mizzzthanggg's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 2:32 AM

hahahhaaa... i like it!!! good little write up, i joo! ;))) how come never talk abt jinjang joe lah!

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Jinjang

Have you been to Jinjang?

Latest Activity in Jinjang