"Kampong Ulu Tering" Kampong Ulu Tering by l_joo

Kampong Ulu Tering Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos

Malaysian Aborigines
Here is another Orang Asli village or Aborigine village. The location is along the road within Nenasi and Pekan town and they are ethnic Jakun or Jakun peoples or Orang Jakun in Malay and they are so friendly to speak to us when we visit. They have dogs with them and the house you saw at background, neighbor sat two ladies in front of their door open, both sitting so relax and happy chatting, one of them without dress but when I approach them, she quickly put on dress. This is typical village lifestyle of Jakun aborigine.

Here I saw the Jakun peoples displaying whatever they have by the roadside to sell for money. I don't know much about the Jakun but I think they also need money to but some materials, therefore they have to make something to sell, that's what I think, maybe they are so rich but just setup a stall here to relax past time or maybe they went to university and they were taught to do such thing to earn living.

Here is a Jakun boy in nature. Kids here need not wear pampers or napkins etc because they are not city dwellers. Here they just don't do what we do in the city and they don't even think what we think. I saw the boy crawling on the floor playing with the doggy and you don't see anybody look at him or anything to restrict him, just crawl and eat whatever he found on the earth and live goes on and they already exist more than ermm ten thousand years before you.

• Last visit to Kampong Ulu Tering: Aug 2004
  • Intro Written Nov 19, 2004

Comments

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Kampong Ulu Tering

Have you been to Kampong Ulu Tering?

Latest Activity in Kampong Ulu Tering