"Historical site of Pengkalan Kempas" Pengkalan Kempas by l_joo
Pengkalan Kempas Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 7 photos
Sorry guys, I have to admit I have no idea what these are but I rough have an idea they are stone with carving of early days symbols that derived from early Hindu writings and also has Arabic influences on it which they called it Kawi. Tha't all I know and if you know more than me, please send email to me, thank you. I read from Lonely Planet guidebook where thay said this language still spoken nowadays in southern Thailand somewhere Yala province, any of you who love history should try that location including myself.
"....the oldest tombstones testify to a progressive transition from one culture to another. The stones of Minye Tujoh (Aceh, 1380) and Pengkalan Kempas (Malay Peninsula, 1467) bear Malay texts still written in script of a type derived from India....." taken from:
l_joo's Related Pages
Pengkalan Kempas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ancient tomb & Megalith stones"
- "Historical site of Pengkalan Kempas"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pengkalan Kempas
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Pengkalan Kempas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pengkalan Kempas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues