"Sentul" Sentul by l_joo

Sentul Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 70 photos

How to get there
Bring yourself to Chow Kit road and then look for Ipoh road. Start from Ipoh road drive ahead, crossing not less than 2 traffic lights until you see a big Sentul police station at your right hand side. The road is named Jalan Sentul and make sure you turn right. Drive approximately 1km to a wet market of Sentul at your left which is what you see in this main photo above.

Visiting Sentul is not easy especially for the (OTBP) off the beaten path. What I mean not easy is that the location is actually a residential area without tourists. To go there as visitor, I put on a smelly junk t-shirt with my dirty sandals and my digital camera hidden inside my pocket. I walked as though I am also one of the inhabitant. Overall, this kind of travel is not easy for beginners.

Kampung Chubadak
Tourists come with private car can easily park their car near the wet market. Somewhere at the opposite side of the wet market, there’s a car park look-alike wasteland, you can notice shanties all over there.

Once you step near it, a grimy smell flew into your nose, don’t worry keep walking. I saw a cow eating rubbish together with grasses. Standing beside this rubbish-pasture, I saw a little girl about age 2 staring at me with one hand grabbing her doorframe. I show her a funny face meantime I took a couple of cow photos.

I walked deeper inside the village until I see another bigger garbage-field. This is the largest so far in the village, please take a look at my travelogues To snap those photos, I have to stand on top of it.

Be careful with cars because once the wheel roll over those aromatic-liquid, those liquids will spill all over your body. Luckily the sunlight of the day was strong enough otherwise flies and other insect-communities will wrap me up anytime.

Kampung Chubadak is one of the oldest village in Kuala Lumpur. They were the pioneers of this mining land back in those early days. A must see location but if you are tourist who scare of dirty, please don't.

Sentul wet market
Forget about those garbages, I crossed the road to enjoy some lively activities of Sentul. Indian Malay Chinese all together and I took some colorful photos. Walking to the back of the market, I come to another trash-heaven. This one is much comfortable as it has a big beautiful shady banyan tree.

Sentul is definitely an OTBP (off the beaten path). Tourists who want to snap rare unseen photos can try this location.

Sentul mostly inhabited by Malaysian-Indians. Look at this boy in the photo I snapped from the wet market at Sentul. Many Indian kids at this age already a full time worker. They did not complete their education due to poverty hence they have to work as under age worker, but who cares.

• Last visit to Sentul: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 11, 2004

• Nov 12, 2006 at 11:32 PM

Awsome! I hav a crib dere, but nerr knew dat they got such a beautiful shrine I mean it's a real architecture n u said aged??Greatness..keepexplorin who knos wht u'll find nxt. I'm wondring, Dere's this large creek in sentul, u think lochness lives dere??

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2005 at 12:48 PM

What an amazing page, and an amazing place !

• mjd74's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 1:24 PM

absolutly fascinating! great job!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 11:18 AM

I like the way you did this page. You have shown both positive things and also the more negative things here also. It gives a complete picture of your experience.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2004 at 10:36 PM

Your tips are really coming along. Keep up the good work!

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2002 at 12:52 PM

You can find the best INDIAN food here in KUL, I think.

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Sentul