"Serkam" Serkam by l_joo
Serkam Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 1 photos
Muslims-Malay seaside with the unique spicy fried fish, it is a small village that lets you enjoy looking at village houses of the Bumiputra (Muslims-Malay) and the beautiful paddy fields.
If you like spicy fried fish , you might want to try this village, they have signboards built nicely by the government at roadside, helping the Bumiputra villagers making money and also learning to do business to survive on their own without relying on the government.
I stayed at one of the guest-houses nearby Homestay-Pulai, be prepared to speak MALAY if you come, and no eating pork, no drinking alcoholic staffs, no dressing too short, etc, please use your common sense, and bear in mind that they are Muslims-Malay villagers.
It was late at night and I have no more choice. The room cost RM50 per night with attached bathroom, but sorry to tell you that it has got horrible smell inside the room, stinky dirty look all over the places, bad coloring combination on the design of the architecture, with half-broken door, with ageing smelly bed, BUT do not expect too much because that is the way, complaining too much may causing you unnecessary trouble.
In recent years, government of Malaysia educated the Muslims-Malay villagers a method of making money, that is to do a... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Serkam Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Serkam
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (182)
Have you been to Serkam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serkam
Photos in SerkamSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues