"The Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan" Top 5 Page for this destination Teluk Intan by l_joo
Teluk Intan Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 90 photos
Picture on top is Teluk Intan's leaning tower, the location is somewhere in the town centre, a beginner like me need no direction guides to find it, very easy. I did not spend much time to explore the town, just drove around a few times to snap some important scenes with my old compact camera then. I was told that if you ever visit Teluk Intan, the 'pniah' is a must, but couldn't find the shop. Pniah is my self invented word derived from the Peranakan Hokkien of Penang, pronounced as p'nyiah, but please don't learn, very difficult. Anyway the meaning is biscuits, pniah is simply biscuits. The biscuits of Teluk Intan was so damn famous, that was told by friends, I don't know.
According to http://ms.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teluk_Intan, in the beginning the town was given name Teluk Mak Intan, a name of a girl from Sumatera where her ring was said fallen into the Perak River. In year 1882, another person with name Sir Archibald Edward Harbord Anson ( 1826 – 1925) had his name written here, as Teluk Anson, and then for about a hundred years, someone decided to change the name again, this time as Teluk Intan, on 17 November 1981.
Leaning Tower was built in 1885 by a chinese contractor, Leong Choon Choong. Standing at 25.5m, originally built for water storage but today probably just for visitors to watch.
And this is, I supposed a church, as a non-believer I have no idea what name of church this is but I find this architecture quite attractive as a promotional material on VT, just enjoy its outlook. Opposite this church is an Anglo-Chinese school St. Anthony, perhaps related to this church.
Kentucky Fried Chicken is, as usual, the peoples' favourite fast food chain store. Chicken is the most welcome meat for... more travel advice
I seldom visit church but this one attracts my eyes, without think twice, I captured it. Guess all churches are the... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Teluk Intan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Used car Town...."
- "The Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan"
- "A Quaint Small Town"
- "Teluk Intan"
- "Teluk Intan"
- "First Impression of Teluk Intan"
- "Teluk Anson"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Teluk Intan
- Hotels in Teluk Intan
- Transportation in Teluk Intan
- Restaurants in Teluk Intan
- Shopping in Teluk Intan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Teluk Intan
- 26 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Teluk Intan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Teluk Intan
Photos in Teluk IntanSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues