"Sungai Besi" Sungai Besi by l_joo
Sungai Besi Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
This cute little old town impressed me with its original outlook, the look that able to speak the history of old mining days where some sections still have early wooden constructions and rural earth path so narrowly in between and rural temple as well can be seen within the area. The flourishing area is in within the shops and the outer police station section. The place has many street vendors selling mostly foods and fruits. Shops such as this one on top is where I parked my car where the road is so narrow yet the parking is on both ways.
Sungai Besi is not only this small old town but very big especially steelworks, waste steel plants and other steel industries together with large area of shanty villages where it can be seen throughout the highway and on the main road as well.
How to get there
If you are coming from the Kesas highway which is also known as North South Expressway, just take the Sungai Besi exit. The road to the Pekan is only a short distance from the exit, roughly 400 meters.
The main road of Sungai Besi is much easier to start from the road called Jalan Pasar which is the main trading point of tin back in those Muddy Estuarine days going pass many places full of heavy vehicles and cars with the most prominent one, the airport of Sungai Besi.
This Sungai Besi old town mostly inhabited by Malay Muslims. Head veil shop is a must, I supposed. This shop is not... more travel advice
The main road is called Market street, I drove further inside until I can see a street with name Merdeka Drive. From... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Sungai Besi Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sungai Besi
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (182)
Have you been to Sungai Besi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sungai Besi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues