"Ampang" Ampang by l_joo
Ampang Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 87 photos
If you come from the direction of KLCC, take a taxi or a bus or a LRT. LRT so far is the best if you want to snap some Ampangese photos in the old town.
Old town of Ampang has many interesting photography materials such as old buildings, temples, old shops, old peoples, old restaurants and more. Walking is definitely a good idea to explore this old town as the traffic itself is near chaos occasionally.
If you don't want to see the old town, try the newly developed areas near the fly-over in between Ampang road and Ulu Kelang highway. That's where Ampang Point located, bustling and of course, traffic congested all the time.
For cyclist enthusiasts, there's a shop selling top quality imported bicycles, it's just around the junction. Malaysian cyclists should know where am I talking about.
Ampang traditionally well known for its Yong Tau Foo. l_joo is not exception but among those YTF fans.
YTF Yong Tau Foo is very famous the moment you mentioned about visiting Ampang. A few good locations to taste this food along the Jalan Ampang. One of it is an old wooden hut-alike restaurant on the main road. Parking is a big problem, that's expected if you want to taste this Ampangese foods.
You can try an easier YTF restaurant located at the new town of Jalan Mamanda. Ask anybody on the road when you are there in Mamanda or Ampang Point shopping mall, they should know the location.
Ampang is not only the new and old town but more yet to be explored.
If you have a car or bike, drive deep inside along the main road. Somewhere in within has a Malay village where our eyes immediately caught by the green landscapes of big forest. Roads there are potholes, slow down but keep going deeper until you see the forest reserved which is the end of wheel roads.
For those who wants to explore villages, this is a good one.
I seldom go to this plaza but I find its outlook a little different to show it here as another option if you want to... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Ampang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Homely Ampang"
- "~MY CURRENT BASE~"
- "Ampang, Selangor"
- "Ampang Street Scene"
- "Malay Wedding in Ampang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ampang
- Hotels in Ampang
- Restaurants in Ampang
- Shopping in Ampang
- Warnings and Dangers in Ampang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ampang
- 17 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Ampang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ampang
Photos in AmpangSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues