"Batu Caves" Top 5 Page for this destination Batu Caves by l_joo

Batu Caves Travel Guide: 238 reviews and 629 photos

She is an old Indian woman with hair length nearly triple her size.

During my visit to batu caves on a Sunday, I saw her in full yellowish golden outfits barefoot standing at the bottom of the staircase. Surprisingly a lot of peoples surrounding her to wait for her 'ascestic touch' I supposed. She holds a small bagful of grey colored ashes on hand while spotaneously the crowd take turns for her to touch their forehead and palm with those ashes. Every single touch has a coin in return, that's what I saw. I was thinking maybe I let her perform her magic touch on my forehead later but when I the time I returned back, she were in no mood to accept anymore 'admirer'.

You can see in this photo my finger pointing at the blue colored thing. Tha'ts a new project to be constructed soon, I assume that a statue of Hinduism. Beside the blue thing is the wet steep staircases for ascending to the caves, so let's explore.

Before you take the staircase, try to look around the surroundings to see many interesting peoples and rituals. Go there on Sunday if possible as you have more choices to snap unusual photos of Indian peoples and their performings of religious rituals.

I went on Sunday, so I have busy time snapping photos around. There are also canteen and cafeteria for tourists to relax.

For those rock climbers, this is also a good practicable location, but I'm not a good rock climber, so I can't provide any information.

Here is how you climb up the wet steep staircases. Not that challenging if you are a regular jogger or climber but it will sweat a little.

Bats droppings are abundant and it has a very special smell, but small matter.

Be careful with your steps as the staircases are wet all the time due to over humidification of these natural big caves. Sometimes there are peoples going at faster speed, so it might cause slippery or something else.

Toilets at Batu Caves are surprisingly clean, pay 20 cents at the entrance. And for those who hates seeing garbages, try to avoid Sunday as most visitors throw their unwanted things just anywhere they desire. RM2 is the gate entrance if you are driving.

• Last visit to Batu Caves: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2004

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 4:01 AM

Very interesting page and photos. Nice to read your views of the people and festival.

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 1:44 AM

Fascinating !! And to think I live along Jalan Ipoh .. pfffffff .. always wanted to follow the Chariot :-) You doing that tonight ??

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 5:22 AM

Very colorful page. Thks!

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2004 at 11:35 PM

Wow.. what wonderful and informative pages on Kuala Lumpur.. Thanx for sharing the pictures and tips with us.. I will be back again to explore some more.. Take care. Rafik

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Batu Caves

Have you been to Batu Caves?

Latest Activity in Batu Caves