"Joo in Balik Pulau" Balik Pulau by l_joo
Balik Pulau Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 23 photos
All these photos were taken from Balik Pulau's Malay traditional villages. Balik Pulau pronounced Baa-legk Poo-laow meaning returning back to islang is a remote village almost unheard even to regular tourists of Penang Island. The location is too far at the west most where if you drive with own vehicle, an hour to get there without bad traffic. Not many Islanders come here often unless for work reason or special occassion. I went there for photos and build pages.
Here is a cow or bull or better as lembu in local language. I have nothing more important to do that morning but to disturb this friend while he/she sleeps. I just wanted to snap a photo without knowing he/she was that afraid of an intruder in Malaysian color, probably think I am a butcher.
Here is Joo in a pose of Balik Pulauistic. I actually wanted to take a photo of the giant beside me but since I was already there, why not. The thing beside me was a tree we called oil palm. This oil pam is a money tree that it's fruit can be processed and turn into oil for useful purpose in daily lubricant of car engines and others, that's why this oil palm is all money in itself.
l_joo's Related Pages
Balik Pulau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Balik Pulau - The Other Side of the Island"
- "Balik Pulau Durian House"
- "Joo in Balik Pulau"
- "Breaking Fast in Balik Pulau"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Balik Pulau
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Balik Pulau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Balik Pulau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues