"Tasik Chini" Tasik Cini by l_joo
Tasik Cini Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 23 photos
Tasik Chini is not suitable for tourists without personal transportation. This remote obscure tiny village located in the middle of Pahang state. The only surroundings were big jungle and the moment I visit, it seems only a grocery store and our guesthouse have regular supplies. Other than that, it’s a natural lake and jungle trekking. Those who want to experience jungle people’s lifestyle should try Chini. A beautiful waterfall further inside takes 2 hours of trekking is a must when you are here.
Where to stay
Rajan Jones guesthouse charge merely RM18.00 for one whole day including 3 meals and bed. An ideal place for budget tourists who wants to stay up to months.
While you are here, do not expect anything that you can get in other tourist attractions. 5-star luxurious tourists need not consider this place. Bring mosquito coils. Sun lotion if you have delicate skins. A big Mexican hat is a good choice especially when you go canoeing under the hot sun.
Be expecting to meet with Orang Asli (Aborigines). They are the original inhabitants. We are outsiders that visit their territory. These peoples are not Muslims, according to Rajan Jones because they eat anything they like.
On the lake I saw many young girls also on canoe to fish with only fishing line and a tiny hook with worms as bait.... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Tasik Cini Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tasik Chini"
- "Jakun villages @ Tasik Chini"
- "Tasik Cini"
- "Tasek Cini"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tasik Cini
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Tasik Cini?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tasik Cini
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues