"Tambun Caves" Tambun by l_joo
Tambun Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 6 photos
Tambun Caves is situated at Tambun of Ipoh in the state of Perak. Perhaps Malaysian archeologist did not provide enough details so that some sources said it was 5,000 year old paintings while some said 2,000 years. Anyway, it was discovered in 1959.
How to get there?
Caves visit are not suitable for luxurious tourists, the caves has to remain as original as possible for visitors to see the original view. Do not expect air-con or elevator. The staircase is probably equivalent to 5 storey buildings while mosquitoes are wild. Anyway, the location has to start from Ipoh highway entrance. Once you entered, you should be able to notice signboard to Tambun. The caves signboard was surprisingly small, hard to get. Make sure you ask local residents for direction. The distance is approximately 10km out of Ipoh city centre, so try to use your own sense, don’t over drive.
l_joo's Related Pages
Tambun Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tambun
- 0 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Tambun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tambun
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues