"Kampung Sungai Batang" Kampung Sungai Batang by l_joo

Kampung Sungai Batang Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos

Another Malaysia-Siamese village in Sik district, this one is a highly creative artwork by the temple builder, all made by bottles, excellent work. I did not plan to come here but when I drove on the main road, I saw a sign in yellow with Chinese words on and I knew it should have a temple nearby, so I just follow the direction into a village without proper roads, not far the place yet quite easy. Visitors need not pay a cent, just park the car and free to explore but make sure you don't go around screaming. I saw many monks inside here, they were sitting and they let visitors do the explores.

This one in picture is no other person but me, the yellow me in open arm pose. You can see the structure was made of bottles, the entire thing is actually a big bottle if you look at the top picture but don't ask me why they did this, I have no ideas, I only look at its outlook that attracts me. Further inside, I saw more constructions made of bottles, they build a house with bottles, gate, door, toilet, roof, etc all made of bottles. I saw also some old turtles inside a rectangular dried pool, I supposed the turtles were for religious purposes but they look extremely unhealthy, while at beside saw another pool with smelly water of dark green with some catfishes in it.

• Last visit to Kampung Sungai Batang: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 3, 2005

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2005 at 8:27 PM

Joo, I am intrigued by the bottle temples. Very intersting pages which I would never have considered if it hadn't been for the game! See you learn something new everyday!! ;-) Kat

• mansionion's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 1:15 AM

Interesting! Thx for sharing this Joo! -m-

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Kampung Sungai Batang

Have you been to Kampung Sungai Batang?

Latest Activity in Kampung Sungai Batang