"Cukai of Kemaman" Cukai by l_joo
Cukai Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 27 photos
Pronounced as Choo-kye. The actual name is Cukai but some spelled it differently as Chukai or even Kemaman, try to go there next time when you visit Malaysia. This is a small town near the border of Terengganu and Pahang states. I was there sometime in September 2002 and found this small town quite interesting to visit. In fact I should say it was the taste of the Kopitiam (Cafe) that reminds me to go back again. The location is terribly easy, 40kms north of Kuantan, East coast of Peninsular. That cureless taste of coffee (photo) has a magic to make you return again because along the east coast, one could hardly find a good restaurant that able to challenge this one. For the time being I have no other alternative yet in mind. So each time I visit the east coast I will pay a visit to this Kopitiam and also I want to build this page for you. Besides I also discovered a unique looking Mosque in Cukai. Although I don't know much about mosque but this one somehow, caught my eyes. Please look at my tips section.
17kms southerly has a much attractive place to stay, Cherating beach. I prefer to stay at Cherating and daytime I drove 17kms to Cukai for its coffee.
This Kopitiam is running out of space and they already expanded their territory to the pavement and also to the empty... more travel advice
Try to avoid visiting this kopitiam on holidays because you couldn't even sit as all the chairs and tables already... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Cukai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cukai of Kemaman"
- "Cukai - it means TAX in English"
- "Lunch and caffeine trip to Cukai"
- "mail, you want to look at my village names Kubang?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cukai
- Hotels in Cukai
- Transportation in Cukai
- Restaurants in Cukai
- Warnings and Dangers in Cukai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cukai
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Cukai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cukai
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues