"Cukai of Kemaman" Cukai by l_joo

Cukai Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 27 photos

Pronounced as Choo-kye. The actual name is Cukai but some spelled it differently as Chukai or even Kemaman, try to go there next time when you visit Malaysia. This is a small town near the border of Terengganu and Pahang states. I was there sometime in September 2002 and found this small town quite interesting to visit. In fact I should say it was the taste of the Kopitiam (Cafe) that reminds me to go back again. The location is terribly easy, 40kms north of Kuantan, East coast of Peninsular. That cureless taste of coffee (photo) has a magic to make you return again because along the east coast, one could hardly find a good restaurant that able to challenge this one. For the time being I have no other alternative yet in mind. So each time I visit the east coast I will pay a visit to this Kopitiam and also I want to build this page for you. Besides I also discovered a unique looking Mosque in Cukai. Although I don't know much about mosque but this one somehow, caught my eyes. Please look at my tips section.

Accommodation
17kms southerly has a much attractive place to stay, Cherating beach. I prefer to stay at Cherating and daytime I drove 17kms to Cukai for its coffee.

• Last visit to Cukai: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated May 12, 2004

• May 28, 2005 at 11:19 AM

That kedai kopi HaiPeng is so famous throughout Trengganu, the present restaurant which is inside the 4 storey building was built using CASH from the coffee business. Malaysian version of "starbuck" I miss that kopitiam!

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2004 at 3:07 AM

Cool kopi page. Will be back for your mosque tips.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2004 at 4:14 AM

some nice tips, and KOPI rules!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 1:01 AM

Looks like a great place for a snack!

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Cukai