"Muar" Top 5 Page for this destination Muar by l_joo
Muar Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 190 photos
If you happened to come to a place in Peninsular Malaysia where you see household's TV antennas very high very long as tall as a 3 storey building, okay you are very sure you are already in the territory of Muar. The reason they did this was they wanted it to capture TV channels of Singapore hundreds of kms south.
City of Maharani or Muar is mid-size town today under the state of Johor, according to internet history, was once quite a big city some hundred years ago. During the Majapahit days (before Islam), a Buddhist monk wrote a poetry about the history of Majapahit empire where King Hayam Wuruk was the ruler of Muar and Gajah Muda was the prime minister, that was years before the arrival of Parameswara of Melaka. City of Maharani comes from Sanskrit meaning great queen while Maharaja as great king.
Kastam Diraja Muar is Muar Royal Custom. Incoming boats need to declare here, it is located on the main street of Muar,... more travel advice
You can buy ferry tickets here, this is a photo of the ferry office with phone number. This office is next to the Teo... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Muar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "M U A R"
- "COLOURED STREETS OF MUAR"
- "Bokman Begins"
- "Short getaway trip to Muar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Muar
- Hotels in Muar
- Transportation in Muar
- Nightlife in Muar
- Restaurants in Muar
- Shopping in Muar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muar
- 13 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Muar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues