"Segamat" Segamat by l_joo
Segamat Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos
A colleague of my friend said he drove all over the peninsular Malaysia as a salesperson in search of delicious foods, found this kopitiam (coffee shop) among the top of his personal best 3. Surprisingly he placed Hai Peng of Cukai in second while the third went to one in Melaka, can you believe this, coffee addicts? Curiousity arose, I drove here to make sure what he said was not exaggerated. I drove here in July 2005 and tasted the coffee of Nanyang restaurant of Segamat, but I won't tell you how the taste like, you have to come to taste for yourself. The town has a website, try http://www.segamat.com/
Amat segar meaning very refreshing in local Malay language, join the two words together becomes Segamat, probably the environment inspired the name. In the old days, 16th century when first Sultan of Johor arrived here, he was so thirsty, after drinking the water from the clear river, feeling refreshed and healthy, Sultan happy and says “Segar amat”, thus gets the name Segamat. In 1901, Segamat became a district under Johor state where before belonged to Negeri Sembilan under the British Residence.
Nan Kwang restaurant is about 100 footsteps far away from NanYang restaurant, I came by fluke for that was a public... more travel advice
Nanyang restaurant at Jalan Awang, post code 85000, Segamat, Johor state, Malaysia. Well, just look at the architecture,... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Segamat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Small Town - SEGAMAT"
- "Segamat - In The Middle of Johor State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Segamat
- Hotels in Segamat
- Transportation in Segamat
- Restaurants in Segamat
- Shopping in Segamat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Segamat
- 12 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to Segamat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Segamat
Photos in SegamatSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues