"Kluang" Top 5 Page for this destination Keluang by l_joo

Keluang Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 84 photos

After Segamat trip, I decided to experience more old coffee shops, this time I come to Kluang. The railway station coffee shop (kopitiam) is another one on the top list, is a must for coffee addicts. Kluang is pronounced Kloo-aang, mid size town, majority Chinese in business, colorful walls and relax. I bypassed here many times but was never a coffee addict, prefer hot Chinese tea anytime. I drove from Kuala Lumpur, quick stop at Air Hitam for a meat-pau with hot tea and drove another 45 minutes to Kluang for this coffee at the railway station. When I arrived at Kluang, I simply stop my car to ask a man " where is the famous railway station coffee stall of Kluang? ". Following the direction he gave me and found the place immediately after 2 corners.

How to get to Kluang? You can take train (cost roughly RM23 from Kuala Lumpur) some 90km north of Singapore and about double the distance south of Kuala Lumpur, you can take bus or train or drive yourself, location is about right in the middle of Johor state. If you are driving on the north-south expressway, exit at Yong Peng or Simpang Renggam south, make sure you pay toll before exit, RM20++. To avoid paying toll, you can use the old road, is about twice the distance, scenic and more funs, you can snap as many photos as possible, for me, this is the happiness of visitng small towns while enjoying a cup of kopi and pau. Anyway, top main photo is a coffee powder factory in somewhere Kluang, second photo is the railway station coffee shop and the owner is looking at me in last photo, he was talking to me about the story of so many customers coming daily.....

• Last visit to Keluang: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 30, 2005

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Keluang

Have you been to Keluang?

Latest Activity in Keluang