"Jaipur" Jaipur by l_joo

Jaipur Travel Guide: 1,051 reviews and 3,140 photos

Let me tell you the food here nearby Hawa Mahal next to the beautiful public toilet is ermm the second best I have tasted so far in India. I can't describe the taste of this street vendor, it was so f**king delicious and it cost only a few ruppees for many many. The location of this is very obvious and easy, tourists when come to Hawa Mahal just walk across the big circle round-about, the place has so many vendors or food stalls, just point your fingers one or two to them and wait, you will cry for its good taste.

Fish curry
...then at night if you know how to walk to the Sindi Camp bus station behind the railway station, there's a food stall here selling the best of Jaipur, excuse me sir, yes you are about to taste the best of Jaipur here at the roadside. This one is selling curry to be eaten with fried fish, chicken with chapati or rice. I ate here two nights for only the fried fish and chapati and it cost 10Rs only. Don't ask me to describe the taste of the fish and the curry, my writing skills are not up to that level yet but probably I can say it tastes @#$%^&* delicious! This fish curry chapati is my top favourite of all in India so far, simply the best. It comes with simple salad of white radish and tomato with squeezed lemon juice on it, oh no please help me!

Entrance 5Rs for this beautiful architecture. The moment looking a it, reminds me of somebody in Barcelona, Gaudi. This Hawa Mahal was built much earlier than what Gaudi had in his but I don't want to say too much especially when I saw the Jantar Mantal. I just enjoy the the bright orange color of the architecture and its beautiful designs. This kind of design is probably at the level of best of the best and it was already here long time ago, unbelievable. Whoever designed such thing was a real super designer, for at that time designers yet able to google search around to copy other peoples' ideas. Hawa Mahal is crazy, is every designers' must and is about the beauty of India. Jaipur in overall impressed me a lot except the tourist information office in the railway station when they refused to give me a Jaipur map. Three official staffs there gave me a 'one day tour' paper, that's all. Come back 3 hours if you want map is the answer for me. Also I eye-witnessed the terrible truth of bribery in public. On the way by bus from Agra to Jaipur, approximately 40km before arrived saw a police check. All passengers watching curiously at three policemen, one guy from our bus get down and walked towards the policemen with a roll of money on his hand so obviously handed over to one of the policeman, everybody saw it. In less than 30 seconds, I heard big laugh coming from Indian passengers, although I don't understand Hindi language but I quite sure they are so happy to see the bribery.

• Last visit to Jaipur: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 1, 2005

• 6aruna's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2008 at 5:52 AM

how do you write like this. when i want to laugh i come and read your india pages hilarious

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2006 at 5:49 AM

Yes the horns I have heard a lot too in South India, but it is great as now while I am home again, everytime I hear a horn blow, I get a lovely memory from my journey over there! Enjoyed your pages.

• skyangel_k1's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2005 at 6:56 AM

Good India page - it's very fair and balanced. I was there and some of your pictures (including warnings) reflect the situation very accurately. Not for the faint-hearted backpacker, but it can be very memorable if you venture out of your comfort zone.

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 10:06 PM

@#$%^&* good page!!

l_joo

“No need to work meh, where got so good life to travel”

Badges & Stats in Jaipur