"Karakoram Highway" Karakorum Shan by l_joo
Karakorum Shan Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 3 photos
I think this location should be placed under Pakistan or in China's province but was under India. According to maps, the Karakoram Range covered the disputed border of Pakistan and India, therefore it's okay to build this page under India's territory. I haven't been to India's own of Karakoram, I did the Pakistan and China's Karakoram.
Street scene in Khunjerab Pass
Oh yes, this is street scene I suppose, our bus drove slowly passing those snows that stacked high with up to approximately 15 feet. The temperature drops in a sudden when the bus driving in between, woooh.....everybody on the bus was making this similar voice. In this kind of nature, you are not looking at only snows but surprisingly I saw so many cute animals in full action. They just hop here and there when they saw a strange looking bus coming and even more surprise was further ascend till the top, I saw so many yaks eating grasses.
When our bus come to the top of Khunjerab Pass, all foregin passengers gone mad, including l_joo. So I just don't care so much to explore everywhere I want but was difficult to breath, not that comfortable inside my body but who cares when such sceneries appeared in your eyes. Nobody can resist except the driver and some local Pakistanis where I saw them in no mood at all to stand beside the bus to wait for a bunch of tourists in completely madness to rush everywhere for photos. Yes that's the moment of Khunjerab Pass.
Bring a good jacket, 2 should be enough. Good trousers as well, thick wool trousers. For high mountain sickness, I... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Karakorum Shan Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Karakorum Shan
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Karakorum Shan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karakorum Shan
Photos in Karakorum ShanSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues