"New Delhi" Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi by l_joo
New Delhi Travel Guide: 1,170 reviews and 2,609 photos
I think this city has one trillion peoples, there's no way I can build a complete page here, I only focus on one small part in the backpackers' street of Paharganj also known as Main Bazaar opposite the main railway station. This location is where all low budget tourists come to hang around to have fun enjoy the shopping etc, I was already here twice in 2004 and 2005, love it so much especially foods. The traffic is probably one of the most complicated in the world, only the best driver can survive. I need time to think of how to write this page, too many things to write and when I have too many come at once, I don't want to do it, but I will try slowly. The top photo is my New Delhi travellers' costume, I bought it from the famous Paharganj Main Bazaar street, though I don't know much about these costumes, just enjoy wearing that for 10 days.
See, this is one of the toys I bought in New Delhi, I don't know the name but its a wooden toy you can put all five pieces into one. The drawing of this toy is actually a Hinduism sadhu or monk with green snake on his body. I bought quite many toys here and many colorful clothings but never wear again back in my own country. New Delhi is a good place for shopping to me and I find it easy and comfortable, nice peoples around but beware of touts. I like eating the foods especially the breakfast in a small two-tables-only restaurant. Best month to go is before April, I was there in May 41+ C and visited again in the next February at temperature 16C, so much difference.
And this is little Ganesh made of clay, the size is only about 2.5 inches in height and it cost less than 30R. Now I place this little Ganesh on my computer as decoration. I take it as ceramic work or toy but in India, this is probably their god, one of the 3 million gods which Pranja told me. I like this clay work very much, will buy more the next time I visit New Delhi. Other than Ganesh, I have god Krishna t-shirt, Buddha shopper bag, Ganesh sling bag and many many more unknown god products. Pranja also told me that the entire Asia is actually influenced by Indians because Buddha was a Hindu God in his previous life, that's what he said when I met this guy on train.
Basically tourists need not pack so much to visit New Delhi, just some simple shirts and pants, a pair of shoes will do,... more travel advice
When Andy buy cigarettes, I was with him and I heard the dialogue this way " Do you have Marlboro please? " reply " Do... more travel advice
- See All Taking photos
- See All Watching peoples
- See All Hangs the Bras
- See All Paharganj fried chicken (night only)
l_joo's Related Pages
New Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Delhi - City of Contrasts"
- "NewDelhi- Capital of India.."
- "The capital city of my country"
- "Delhi- Past and Present"
- "New Delhi"
- "Meeting friends at New Delhi"
- "Political Heart of the World's Biggest Democracy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Delhi
- Hotels in New Delhi
- Transportation in New Delhi
- Nightlife in New Delhi
- Restaurants in New Delhi
- Shopping in New Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in New Delhi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Delhi
- 61 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to New Delhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Delhi
Photos in New DelhiSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues