"Karakol Lake" Karakol by l_joo
Karakol Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 20 photos
I hate heaven !!
I don't want to go to heaven yet but shiit...I unintentionally visited a heaven. So it was too bad luck to force myself to enjoy looking at such a place on earth. This kind of bad luck is rare, very rare.....
This location is quite confused because of its pronunciation of Kirghiz mixed Chinese and perhaps English, furthermore the name can be Muztagata for the snow mountain (Mustagh Ata, or Muztaghata, or Muztagh Ata or Muztag Ata) or Karakul Lake for the lake. So I can say I have been to Muztag snow mountain also I have been to Karakul Lake (or Karakol). The Chinese version of name for this location is Kha-la-koo-lee-hoo. Anyway the location is in between Tashkorgan and Kashgar. Looking over the other side is the mountain border with either Tadjikstan or Krygyzstan. We don't talk about how nice is this place because nobody able to describe how beautiful it was.
Muztagata peak, 7,550.9 m (24,757 ft) high.
I didn't climb up the peak but it is possible to climb this peak. According to a website, they charge 1690 Euros for a 21 days' climb and they even claimed as the easiest 7500m mountain to climb. Anyway I don't have that much of extra money for that, I just visit the lake which is here, this photo at 3600m of altitude and temperature in June goes down to negative at night where we stayed in the Kirghiz yurt with the family, it's a homestay and it was better than perfect.
I don't think anybody wants to have nightlife outside the yurt except me because I have to get out for important... more travel advice
Here he is....Joo is sleeping sweet here inside the yurt and with thick blanket provided by the Kirghiz family. At night... more travel advice
l_joo's Related Pages
Karakol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karakol Lake"
- "Beautiful, just watch out for the locals..."
- "Cold Cold Night"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Karakol
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Karakol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karakol
Photos in KarakolSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 369 reviews, 499 photos, 5 travelogues
- Malaysia Intro, 109 reviews, 431 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 204 reviews, 257 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dengfeng Intro, 6 reviews, 253 photos, 30 travelogues
- Xiangfan Intro, 9 reviews, 191 photos, 19 travelogues
- Damansara Intro, 53 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amritsar Intro, 64 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gilgit Intro, 80 reviews, 80 photos
- Harappa Intro, 54 reviews, 98 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vientiane Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues