"Changsha" Top 5 Page for this destination Changsha by xiquinho
Changsha Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 315 photos
One of China's oldest cities, Changsha has been an important trading centre for 2,000 years. Located in south central area of the country, the city, with a population of 4.4 million, is the capital of Hunan province.
It is perhaps best known as the place where the founder of the People's Republic, Chairman Mao Zedong, began his political career. Noteworthy tourist areas include, Hunan Provincial Museum, best known for its collection of relics from First Century B.C. and the Han tombs, which contain a perfectly preserved woman's body.
Yuelushan Park features the Ming Dynasty Yunlu Palace, the 1,700 year-old Lushan Temple and Aiwan Ting Pavilion where Chairman Mao's calligraphy is on display. Changsha's other famous sights include Yuelu Academy, Orange Island, Kaifu Temple and Tianxin Ge.
Based on hearty farm cooking, Hunanese cuisine is very spicy and hot pepper is a popular ingredient. Pottery, ceramics and embroidery are Hunanese's distinctive regional handicrafts. Changsha's economy relies mainly on agriculture and transport and its port is the busiest on the Xiangjiang River.
The highest point within the city. This is the only remnant of Changsha's ancient city wall, which dates back more than... more travel advice
Known in Chinese as Juzizhou, this topographical feature is in fact the "long sandbank" from which Changsha takes its... more travel advice
xiquinho's Related Pages
Changsha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Teaching in Changsha"
- "A Foreign Teacher in Changsha"
- "2 weeks in Changsha"
- "Capital city of Hunan province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Changsha
- Hotels in Changsha
- Transportation in Changsha
- Nightlife in Changsha
- Restaurants in Changsha
- Shopping in Changsha
- Warnings and Dangers in Changsha
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Changsha
- 8 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Changsha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changsha
Top 10 Pages
- Ayuthaya Intro, 32 reviews, 28 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos