"Kunming" Kunming by xiquinho
Kunming Travel Guide: 636 reviews and 1,586 photos
Known as the Spring City because of its mild climate, Kunming, the capital of Yunnan province is on a fertile plateau which neighbours Vietnam, Laos, Burma and Tibet. The ethnically diverse population of two million includes Han, Yi, Hui, Bai and Miao people.
Dianchi Lake, which is the sixth largest lake in China, covers some 340 square kilometres and is one of the loveliest attractions in Yunnan. Situated at the foot of Yuantong Hill and surrounding a 13th century Buddhist temple, Yuantong Park is a favorite recreation area for the locals. The Stone Forest, with its magnificently shaped limestone peaks, ranks as one of the most beautiful scenic areas in the country and is located 125 kilometers southeast of Kunming. Other sightseeing locations worth visiting include the Bamboo Temple, Green Lake, the Golden Temple and Black Dragon Pool.
Besides the famous smoked Yunnan ham and Yunnan duck, there are a wide variety of provincial dishes including steamed fish with wine sauce and chicken baked in an earthenware crock.
The best buys in Kunming are handicrafts made by ethnic minority groups, for example, batiks and hand-woven products. Yunnan is rich in minerals and there are over 900 factories producing a range of industrial and consumer goods.
The ancient city of Lijiang was built in Song Dynasty, 800 hundred years from now. The town centre was surrounded by... more travel advice
The Zhongdian County was renamed Shangri-La in early 2002. Surrounded by Yunnan, Sichuan and Tibet, it is the highest... more travel advice
xiquinho's Related Pages
Kunming Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kunming - the Spring City in the Southwest"
- "Vigi in KUNMING - Sep2003"
- "Sharrie's Kunming Eternal Spring"
- "City of Eternal Spring"
- "Kunming - The Eternal Spring City"
- "Kunming - the spring city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kunming
- Hotels in Kunming
- Transportation in Kunming
- Nightlife in Kunming
- Restaurants in Kunming
- Shopping in Kunming
- Warnings and Dangers in Kunming
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kunming
- 12 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Kunming?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kunming
Photos in KunmingSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Ayuthaya Intro, 32 reviews, 28 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos