"Ningbo" Top 5 Page for this destination Ningbo by xiquinho
Ningbo Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 61 photos
Located mid-way along China's eastern coast, at the confluence of the Fenghua Jiang, Yao Jiang and Jung Jiang rivers, Ningbo has an excellent silt-free, ice-free deepwater harbour. Habitation in the area can be traced back 7,000 years, but it was not until the development of man-made lakes in the 6th Century A.D. that settlements began to flourish. Ningbo became a centre for fishing, shipping and agriculture (irrigation canals were dug 1,000 years ago), and for more than 800 years it was a key centre for traders from Persia, Japan, Portugal and Britain buying silk and porcelain. Formerly a Treaty Port, Ningbo is now one of the 14 Open Trading Cities along the coast. It has a population of 1.3 million.
The Lishe Airport is 15km away from the Ningbo city. One-way taxi transfer from the airport to downtown is around RMB50. more travel advice
A four-hour ferry journey from Ningbo, this pleasant island off the coast is a sacred Buddhist site associated with the... more travel advice
xiquinho's Related Pages
Ningbo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Living in Ningbo"
- "Life in Ningbo"
- "First time in Ningbo"
- "The origin of Shanghainese"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ningbo
- Hotels in Ningbo
- Transportation in Ningbo
- Nightlife in Ningbo
- Restaurants in Ningbo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ningbo
- 9 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Ningbo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ningbo
Top 10 Pages
- Ayuthaya Intro, 32 reviews, 28 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos