"Shanghai" Shanghai by xiquinho
Shanghai Travel Guide: 3,079 reviews and 8,150 photos
One of the world's most glamorous and cosmopolitan centers, Shanghai is now the world's tenth largest city with a population of over 13 million. Located on the mid-eastern coastline of Mainland China, much of the city's charm and historic architecture still survive. The Bund, a promenade between the Wusong River and The Old Town, bears testimony to Shanghai's importance early in the century. The Shanghai Museum is a museum of ancient Chinese art. It is especially famous for its treasures of bronzes, ceramics, paintings, and calligraphy. Jade Buddha Temple, which houses two rare Buddha images carved from white Burmese jade, is also very famous. Other wonderful attractions include Yu Garden and the Jazz Band at the Peace Hotel.
Shanghai is famous not only for its successful metropolitan feature and rich humanistic resources but also for a number of tourist attractions with modern flavor that have been developed in recent years. They include Jin Mao Building, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, pedestrians' street on Nanjing Road and the XinTianDi.
Shanghai is also a paradise for gourmets. There are over a thousand restaurants serving the famous sixteen styles of Chinese food, such as Beijing, Sichuan, Guangdong, Yangzhou, Fujian etc. There are also French, Russian, Italian, English, German, Japanese, Indian and other kinds of foreign flavored cuisine, genuine Muslim food and vegetarian food. In Shanghai you can have a taste of all the different kinds of food in the world.
Having been an important commercial hub for almost a century, the city is now expanding rapidly with the development of the Pudong area. Visitors can find a wide range of goods produced locally or from all over China.
With a site area of 30,000 square meters and a gross floor area of 60,000 square meters, Xintiandi features a multitude... more travel advice
The sky-piercing Oriental Pearl TV Tower is an awesome sight whether viewed from underneath or at the Bund across the... more travel advice
xiquinho's Related Pages
Shanghai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sex and the city... so to speak."
- "Essence of Shanghai"
- "Shanghai! Its a lively city"
- "5 Days in Shanghai"
- "Shanghai - a classic blend of the old and the new"
- "Check out my blog - www.shanghai-eats.com"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shanghai
- Hotels in Shanghai
- Transportation in Shanghai
- Nightlife in Shanghai
- Restaurants in Shanghai
- Shopping in Shanghai
- Warnings and Dangers in Shanghai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shanghai
- 10 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Shanghai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanghai
Top 10 Pages
- Ayuthaya Intro, 32 reviews, 28 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos