"Brussels" Brussels by xiquinho
Brussels Travel Guide: 5,645 reviews and 11,916 photos
Brussels (Bruxelles in French, Brussel in Flemish) is one of the world's most relaxed and relaxing capitals. The city centre, which has retained its medieval charm, features narrow streets opening out dramatically into the vast Grand-Place. Architectural treasures include Léopold II's Cinquantenaire Palace and curvaceous Art-Nouveau buildings by Brussels' architect, Victor Horta. For green spaces, seek relief in the Forêt de Soignes, which stretches from the Bois de la Cambre to Waterloo.
The historic centre around Grand-Place is home to the city's key museums and monuments, including the Manneken-Pis and reclining Charles-Everard de T'Serclaes (give him a stroke as you pass for good luck).
But after a tour, forsake the quaint centre for the ultra-modern Quartier des Institutions Européennes and Parisian-style boulevards Belliard and La Loi; peaceful Sablon, near the Royal Palace; vibrant Marolles near the Palais de Justice, south of the Grand-Place; Saint-Gilles, resplendent with Victor Horta's Art Nouveau architecture; and Heysel, far out to the northwest, remembered for the lingering glory of the 1958 Exhibition and the tragedy of the Heysel stadium disaster.
This well-dressed statue (he has over 500 costumes) of a little boy answering nature's call has been a key sight at... more travel advice
xiquinho's Related Pages
Brussels Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than a decade in Brussels"
- "Say Brussels?? K! let's go to find The Soul"
- "Gothic treasures , art nouveaux - a royal city!"
- "BRUXELLES - BRUSSEL - BRUSSELS"
- "Brussels, Capital of Belgium"
- "Bruxelles, ma belle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brussels
- Hotels in Brussels
- Transportation in Brussels
- Nightlife in Brussels
- Restaurants in Brussels
- Shopping in Brussels
- Warnings and Dangers in Brussels
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brussels
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brussels
Top 10 Pages
- Ayuthaya Intro, 32 reviews, 28 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos