United States of America Off The Beaten Path Tips by photobf
United States of America Off The Beaten Path: 300 reviews and 492 photos
<font color=green size=+1>Six Flags Elitch Gardens</font color=green size=+1>
is one of the nation’s few, if not only, amusement parks situated right in the action of a downtown core. And what a park it is — featuring more than 40 thrilling, chilling rides, and the Island Kingdom Water Park (free with admission). Don’t miss the Elitch favorites - - Mind Eraser, a suspended, looping roller coaster; and the Tower of Doom, a 22-story free fall. As they say, not to see <font color=green>Elitch Gardens</font color=green> is not to see <a href='http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.119277/285/'>Denver</a>.
<font size=+1 color=blue>Hot Mineral Pools</font size=+1 color=blue>
The World's Largest Mineral Hot Springs are open year round, including holidays. You can swim, slide, or just relax and soak in the water from the State Park's Big Spring.
<i>Not my pic</i>
Every year I drive the 1800 miles from Rochester, MN to <a href='http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.119277/19681/'?>Trumansburg</a>, NY for a 4 day <font color=green size=+1>grassroots festival</font color=green size=+1> at the end of July....This year its July 19-21st. It's a wonderfully laid-back experience that I look forward to every year. The festival is actually held in at small fairground area...For the 4 days, the camping is $30 per tent and the ticket price is $70 at the gate, however, I buy mine early for only $45....their web site is http://www.grassrootsfest.org for more information, or to order tickets.
<b><font size=+1 color=urple>Gooseberry Falls State Park</b></font size=+1 color=urple> is the gateway to the North Shore. It is known for its spectacular waterfalls, river gorge, Lake Superior shoreline, Civilian Conservation Corps log and stone structures, and Northwoods wildlife.
Listen to the thunderous roar of the Upper, Middle and Lower Falls of the Gooseberry River, as it plummets through a rocky gorge. Watch for waves, ships, or the moon rise on Lake Superior from an ancient lava flow known as the Picnic Flow.
Hike or ski to see the Fifth Falls through a forest of evergreen, aspen, and birch.
Enjoy camping in modern campsites, picnicking, and trout fishing from the Lake Superior shoreline or the Gooseberry River.
For many motorists Gooseberry Falls State Park is a wayside rest with spectacular scenery. To get the most out of your visit, stop by the Joseph N. Alexander Visitor Center where you can find park information, interpretive displays, a park video, Nature Store, and more. Or visit the Gateway Plaza for outdoor interpretive signs on area resources and history.
From the town of <a href='http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.119277/14649/'>Two Harbors</a>, follow State Highway 61 northeast approximately 13 miles to the park.
More Reviews (13)
photobf's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Explore the World
- Epanomi Hotels
- Salton Sea State Recreation Area Hotels
- Beard Hotels
- Bangued Hotels
- As Sulaymaniyah
- Isle of Wight
- Castles Around Leipzig
- Oklahoma City Off The Beaten Path
- Garretstown and the Old head of Kinsale.
- Ellmau Off The Beaten Path
- Darmstadt Off The Beaten Path
- Edinburgh Off The Beaten Path
- Bari Off The Beaten Path
- King's Lynn Off The Beaten Path
- Paros Off The Beaten Path
- Olympos Off The Beaten Path
- Benalmádena Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 235 Reviews
- 254 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
Photos in United States of AmericaSee All Photos (254)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rochester Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trumansburg Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Tasmania Intro, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
Top United States of America hotels
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos
- Key West Hotels
- 2037 Reviews - 4028 Photos
- Miami Beach Hotels
- 1034 Reviews - 2092 Photos
- Kissimmee Hotels
- 181 Reviews - 351 Photos
- New Orleans Hotels
- 4180 Reviews - 7226 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Gatlinburg Hotels
- 388 Reviews - 651 Photos
- Honolulu Hotels
- 1993 Reviews - 4750 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4385 Reviews - 8826 Photos
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9107 Reviews - 19366 Photos
- Miami Hotels
- 1271 Reviews - 2940 Photos
- Chicago Hotels
- 5885 Reviews - 12006 Photos