"Perth" Perth by photobf
Perth Travel Guide: 2,288 reviews and 4,816 photos
This picture is of the very first sunrise of the year. Beautiful, isn't it? =) It was taken from King's Park, which has a fantastic view overlooking the entire city, not to mention Fremantle as well!
<hr width="500" color=pink><a href="http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/94602.html">
<alt="Click for Rottnest Island Forecast" border=0 height=60 width=468></a><hr width="500" color=red><BR>
<marquee><font color=red size=+2><B>On November 16th, 1999 the adventure began...</B><font color=red size=+2></marquee><hr width="500" color=maroon>
Perth has changed dramatically in the last few decades. With a population around the million mark Perth, quite correctly, sees itself as a modern, dynamic city.
Perth is known for its great personal charm and beauty. The elegant riverside parks, the network of freeways and the languid beauty of the Swan River all combine to give the city grace and distinction.
Today the city is a pleasant mixture of colonial and modern architecture. The city is noted for its fine parks and gardens many of which run along the banks of the Swan River allowing both sightseers and the ubiquitous joggers pleasant views across the river.
The city's economic function within the state has changed since its inception. In 1832 it had a smaller population than Fremantle. It enjoyed a minor boom in the 1830s and 1840s when the area around it started producing substantial amounts of wool and wheat. Another boom occurred in the 1890s with the goldrushes at Coolgardie and Kalgoorlie. In the 1950s a number of industrial suburbs grew up on the outskirts of the city and in the 1960s and 1970s a property boom occurred as an indirect result of the iron and nickel booms of the time.
<hr width="500 color=crimson>
I absolutely loved Perth. This was the first place I landed in Oz and I left several times to go up and down the coast, but returned until New Years, then headed East.
My trip along the south western coast is in the travelogue...
Underwater World See over 2,000 marine animals including huge sharks in the Underground Journey and a huge view off... more travel advice
Post Office Wednesday nights, this is 'thee' place to be! Same great live band every Wednesday night to entertain you... more travel advice
photobf's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Perth - Home of Lovely Beaches & Awesome Sunsets"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "Perth's Newest Hotel , Holiday Inn Burswood"
- "The city on the Swan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 20 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
Photos in PerthSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rochester Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trumansburg Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Tasmania Intro, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (60)
Latest Perth hotel reviews
- The Richardson Hotel Suites And Spa
- 305 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- North Lodge Backpackers/Perth City Appartments
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Townsend Lodge
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Lancelin Lodge YHA
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2013
- Coolibah Lodge Backpackers
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- The New Esplanade Hotel
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Mountway Holiday Apartments
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Britannia on William Backpackers
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Witch's Hat Backpackers Hostel
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Perth City
- 177 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Lonestar City Backpackers
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2007
- Perth City YHA Hostel
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- The Old Swan Barracks
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Seasons Of Perth
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013