"Welcome to my Travels!!!!" photobf's Profile
HAHA!! I just read this.
Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog. - Change of Life by Judith Collas
WOW! My map looks so empty now! I decided to take all the green off my map and only have the places I have tickets for up there, since I have every place I EVER wanted to visit up there, it was very very green ;)
Now, there's just Trumansburg, NY where I will be traveling to and from July 21st through the 30th.
I'm absolutely addicted to this site. Why? FINALLY, I can tell tales of fun and adventure without people being bored to death. Someone I once met told me once, "Traveling's great, but nobody'll want to hear your stories when you get back." And it's true if your friends haven't ever been anywhere. They just can't relate...Maybe thats just my opinion, but there it is. Now I can just put everything out there and hopefully give other people ideas about different places that they might not have thought of going.
I've had a few people ask me how on Earth I've been able to see so many places in just the 7 years since I first left the country. easy...some trips have been with family and hence free...some trips have been to visit friends hence cheap...and finally, I don't spent money other than on my animals. I own no expensive clothing. By expensive, I mean over 20 bucks. I shop at garage sales, second-hand shops, and auctions...this includes my method of buying furnishing and knic-knacs also. There are of course things I spurge on, such as the sculpted wooden bust I found in Santo Domingo, truck, the gorgeous didgeridoo I bought in Alice Springs, and my wonderful snowboard bought at a hometown ma & pa ski shop. I prefer to put my money into seeing things rather than owning things. That is my trick.
Other than than,
I've been able to travel alot for one major reason...
TONS of time on the net looking for cheap deals!!!
If you have the time and the money-TRAVEL!
you actually need surprisingly little of the latter...You just need to want to get somewhere bad enough, and 'somehow' you generally get there...
Feel free to leave as many comments as you like.
I like hearing about what else you like to see, read, or just plain reminiscing of places visited...
***Everything here is under constant construction...that's a good thing, I think. Some are more 'fleshed out' than others...
ALL of Australia
Upstate New York
Upstate New York--July '05
Guatemala & Belize--Sometime '06?
Las Vegas--?nov? '05
Relatively Recent Destinations:
Upstate New York July '04
Las Vegas '04
Best Out-of-the-way Finds So Far:
Cockle Creek, Tasmania
Kalbarri, Western Australia
***Only Airline to have the distinct honor of being not only the first airline to lose my luggage, but to lose my luggage BOTH the way there and back?
.....Why Canadian Air, damn them!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 346 Reviews
- 491 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 47 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- photobf and garysarver are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grandma's Pear Tree"
- updated a Rochester Travel Page "Rochester, MN"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my Travels!!!!"
- Wrote a Review Whitewater State Park in Saint Charles Things to Do
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Re: Coupon button gone"
- Commented on one of octavius's Cannon Beach travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rochester Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Florence Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trumansburg Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Tasmania Intro, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos