"Wadi Rum" Wadi Rum by Morepork
Wadi Rum Travel Guide: 240 reviews and 562 photos
I had the privilege of skydiving onto the Wadi Rum. Here with the Parachutists over Forty group and the Skydivers over Sixties.
Here we are at jump altitude in the aircraft. We were privileged to be the first ever civilians to land on the Wadi Rum. My friends, (one a Scot & one English - we exited together & formed a three-way in free-fall. Had a wonderful time, then split & tracked away from on another to land on the edge of the Wadi.I landed OK & was up & running around my canopy to deflate it, when a VERY sudden gust of wind came down the canyon & slammed me on to the concrete-hard surface of the Wadi - face down ! With disastrous consequences ! It took me at least five minutes to regain my composure & sit up.
I was at least two miles from anyone else but luckily, someone had the binoculars on me as the could see the bright colour of my parachute, so the Capt. drove out to retrieve me. He took me to a Bedoin medical center & I was assessd OK !
The rest of the day we drove to the scene of 'Lawrence Of Arabia' . 24 Land Rovers took us& we dined and partied while we watched the sun-set over the desert.
They danced the night away under starry skies like we have never seen before. Returned to Aqaba & sleep !
What a day ! ! !
Next day I decided that I had had a pretty hard bump on my head so remained in my room for four days.
Luckily I did the right thing !
I never cease to wonder how these people live out in the desert !
- Pros:Unforgettable Scenery.
- Cons:Desert Sandstorms & continual wind
- In a nutshell:Never thought I'd get to visit such an historial land.
Oldie worldie traditional hotel. Very traditional & lots of space for us to pack our parachutes in the lobby ! Nice... more travel advice
Morepork's Related Pages
Wadi Rum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wadi Rum is beautiful!"
- "Wadi Rum - the Red Desert."
- "Wadi Rum: the fantastic Jordan desert"
- "Wadi Rum"
- "Magical Wadi Rum"
- "Wadi Rum"
- "Our First Desert Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wadi Rum
- Hotels in Wadi Rum
- Transportation in Wadi Rum
- Nightlife in Wadi Rum
- Restaurants in Wadi Rum
- Shopping in Wadi Rum
- Warnings and Dangers in Wadi Rum
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wadi Rum
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Wadi Rum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wadi Rum
Photos in Wadi RumSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Aqaba Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tierra del Fuego Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wadi Rum Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Ranville Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
Latest Wadi Rum hotel reviews
- Captain's Desert Camp
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013