"La ciudad donde mi corazón se quedó" Madrid by Malecka

Madrid Travel Guide: 5,356 reviews and 10,924 photos

I can assure you...

... that YOU WOULD have a fantastic time in this magnificant city... there is so much to be seen, to be experienced, to be tasted...

Ok... So, I went there for the second time (February, 2004) and already felt this city as "mine" - whatever that's supposed to mean.

Still, not enough as... a limited number of days (one digit number that is) gives you a chance to just have one slight ?taste? of the wonder this place possesses and nothing more.
Anyways, the first time, thanks to my wonderful company I managed to see as much as it can be seen in four days (maybe even more, since we literally were walking for 10 hours a day.
And this second time, I managed to have a taste of its nightlife, just a bit and... enjoy a lazy, lazy coffe-moment at Plaza Mayor (though it is too full of tourists, I have to admit).

As for Madrid? let?s just say that if I am told THIS VERY minute, to pack my bags and move, I would not waste a second more. I am hoping (and slowly but surely thinking of ways) to visit this splendid city again.

The street of ALCALA, on a wednesday morning!

... Saturday afternoon... Sunny, warmish day in Madrid. The park is full of... everyone and everything. Cosy atmosphere and... a place to chill at.
:-)

• Pros:the architecture, the atmosphere... everything!
  • Cons:too many tourists... but, ok, I understand.
  • Last visit to Madrid: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 18, 2004

• gwened's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM

another nice city, and I lived there for four years, back often including next month. Great town never stops love it.cheers

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM

HI Maria, love your comments on Madrid and you look so Spanish passed out in Plaza Major...;-) Best, Karl

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2011 at 3:45 AM

Glad to hear that you like it!

• aeroarce's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Hola Malecka!! veo que sigues teniendo la foto que tomaste en la taberna de chueca!!! jeje. Un besote y espero que estés bien!!!

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2006 at 6:46 PM

Great tips on Madrid. Every bit of information from somoen who knows the city is helpful. Yours appeal to a traveller who doesn't want a "bus tour" of 3 minutes at each site. thanks

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 10:14 AM

This is a great page about Madrid, Marija. Super super!

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 7:35 AM

YOu have some cool tips on Madrid. I like the one "Just chillin" This is for sure one of the great cities. I'll be getting back here one day!! :-)

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2004 at 10:10 AM

I had the great fortune to live close to Madrid for three exciting years; your photos and comments were most enjoyable to me. AND - next time in Madrid, try many restaurants! There are many outstanding places to eat.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2004 at 7:05 AM

Wonderful pages and tips! I too could happily live in Madrid. Thanks. Rex

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 4:57 AM

Hey zdravo! I'll be back to take a look at you page later -- just wanted to say hi -- we'll be in Skopje again in July -- where will you be??/

Malecka

“Make LIFE a UNIQUE journey!!!”

Badges & Stats in Madrid