"La ciudad donde se quedó mi corazón" Madrid by Malecka

Madrid Travel Guide: 5,377 reviews and 10,936 photos

I can assure you...

... that YOU WOULD have a fantastic time in this magnificant city... there is so much to be seen, to be experienced, to be tasted...

I've been there four times now and it is undoubtedly one of my very favorite places.

I've done the walking-all-day-long (till your legs can't take it anymore) to see as much as possible, I've had the churros y chocolate at San Gines, enjoyed a very lazy coffee in the sun at Plaza Mayor (too full of tourists, I have to admit, but lovely nonetheless), I've gone for a run in Retiro, stayed up till 5:00 AM on a Monday night (because in Madrid you can actually do this), I've spent seven hours in Prado, had wine in a vinoteca at the charming plaza Santa Ana and listened to jazz in La Latina.
You can't go wrong with Madrid.

The street of ALCALA, on a wednesday morning!

... Saturday afternoon... Sunny, warmish day in Madrid. The park is full of... everyone and everything. Cosy atmosphere and... a place to chill at.
:-)

• Pros:Incredible energy.
  • Cons:too many tourists, but it's understandable
  • Last visit to Madrid: Sep 2015
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM

HI Maria, love your comments on Madrid and you look so Spanish passed out in Plaza Major...;-) Best, Karl

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2011 at 3:45 AM

Glad to hear that you like it!

• aeroarce's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Hola Malecka!! veo que sigues teniendo la foto que tomaste en la taberna de chueca!!! jeje. Un besote y espero que estés bien!!!

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2006 at 6:46 PM

Great tips on Madrid. Every bit of information from somoen who knows the city is helpful. Yours appeal to a traveller who doesn't want a "bus tour" of 3 minutes at each site. thanks

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 10:14 AM

This is a great page about Madrid, Marija. Super super!

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 7:35 AM

YOu have some cool tips on Madrid. I like the one "Just chillin" This is for sure one of the great cities. I'll be getting back here one day!! :-)

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2004 at 10:10 AM

I had the great fortune to live close to Madrid for three exciting years; your photos and comments were most enjoyable to me. AND - next time in Madrid, try many restaurants! There are many outstanding places to eat.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2004 at 7:05 AM

Wonderful pages and tips! I too could happily live in Madrid. Thanks. Rex

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 4:57 AM

Hey zdravo! I'll be back to take a look at you page later -- just wanted to say hi -- we'll be in Skopje again in July -- where will you be??/

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2004 at 11:44 AM

Great set of tips - I'm visiting in April and looking forward to it!

Malecka

“Make LIFE a UNIQUE journey!!!”

Badges & Stats in Madrid