Málaga Transportation Tips by Malecka
Málaga Transportation: 77 reviews and 56 photos
Well, it is true that most people travel in Spain by train (Ok, the TALGO trains are amazing) but backpackers don't really need the luxury. A nice-price is a BETTER choice.
So... Buses are just fine.
... I managed to get from Gerona/Girona to Malaga by using this means of transport.
What you might need to know is that... There are many different companies and each one has its own routes.
For example, ALSA holds the line: Madrid-Barcelona. DAIBUS is the one you'll use for reaching Malaga.
Ok. I was an enthusiast this year and travelled using INTER-rail, and everything was Ok until we reached Spain. I was so angry, that my first impression was terrible. But, it is all about having information. You CANNOT simply catch a train and continue travels. You HAVE TO HAVE a reservation. No, not just for the high-speed ones: FOR ANY. Don't belive what you might read on other web-pages, cause I DID, and I ended up travelling two days through Spain. So, make sure you make reservation about 8-5 days AHEAD and then it is OK. (ask me for details about this issue)
As for me, next time I'm catching a plane - Malaga has its own air port.
More Reviews (23)
- See All suggestion...
- See All Endless bar-crawling!
- See All Something about the FERIA de Malaga
- if you really "must" spend some money
Malecka's Related Pages
Málaga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MALAGA LA BELLA"
- "MALAGA "CAPITAL OF THE COSTA DEL SOL""
- "MAGNIFICENT MALAGA"
- "There's more to Malaga than the airport"
- "Malaga & Costa del Sol UNDER RECONSTRUCTION....."
- "A WONDERFUL DAY WITH SPECIAL FRIENDS"
- "The Fortress and castle on top ranks high"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Málaga
- Hotels in Málaga
- Transportation in Málaga
- Nightlife in Málaga
- Restaurants in Málaga
- Shopping in Málaga
- Warnings and Dangers in Málaga
- See All...
Explore the World
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- Manali Hotels
- Kalamalka Lake Hotels
- Beavers Bend State Park Hotels
- Agus Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Laoag City
Badges & Stats in Málaga
- 25 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Málaga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Málaga
Top 10 Pages
- Skopje Intro, 36 reviews, 108 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Girona Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Selcuk Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nicaragua Intro, 22 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 25 reviews, 16 photos
- Turkey Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Málaga hotel reviews
- Marriott Playa Andaluza
- 388 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Dona Lola Club Resort
- 201 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Sunset Beach Club
- 1089 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Radisson SAS El Marques Resort & Spa Malaga
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 16, 2012
- Hotel Torrequebrada
- 304 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- TRYP GUADALMAR
- 177 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Gran Melia Don Pepe
- 315 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Hotel California
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Hotel Holiday Palace
- 191 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- El Oceano Beach Hotel
- 375 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Molina Lario
- 511 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2013
- AC Malaga Palacio Hotel
- 532 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013
- Hotel Picasso
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Alcazaba- 36 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Gibralfaro Castle- 26 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Cathedral- 28 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Bullring- 16 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Calle Larios- 7 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Roman Theater- 15 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Plaza de la Merced- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Picaso Museum- 14 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Town hall- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Santiago Church- 4 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Málaga Things to Do