Málaga Things to Do Tips by Malecka
Málaga Things to Do: 308 reviews and 612 photos
Mi amiga Irena y la pequena Andaluza
I think I mentioned something in my Intro!
Ok, first weeks of August. Openning-night fireworks (BEST SEEN from Castillo del Gibralfaro) and then... all the bars CROWDED with people, music everywhere, women and girls in their typical outfits, LOADS of drinking, many smiling faces - all day long. Great concerts at night (this summer Rosario was performing).
And then of course, the fun and the partying continue during the night. Let's say you need a lot of strength to "survive" those ten-or-so days. But it is a unique madness, pretty fun to experience it.
Address: the Streets of Malaga
The Cathedral in Malaga
Well, visit the Plaza de la Marina. It is also in the central part of Málaga, and from there take calle Molina Lario that takes you to the Cathedral and the Museum. Placed centrally, between these two great monuments is Plaza del Obispo: my suggestion, go to one of the restaurants there, order… anything, and just enjoy the sight in front of you. Breath-takingly beautiful.
el BALCON DE Europa
Another good thing about staying in Málaga is that since the buses are pretty frequent, you can visit many places on Costa del Sol.
Number one, UNDOUBTEDLY is NERJA. And the famous Cuevas del Nerja.
This is a pretty place, with lovely architecture, and the famous Balcón de Europa. The bus from Málaga leaves you next to the little office where you can ask for tickets for the bus that goes to the CAVES. It has a very cheap price and it’s not a long ride (4 km). The caves are magnificent. First I was upset cause they don’t have a discount for students and the prices is 5 euros, but then it proved to me that it is WORTH IT.
MARBELLA of course attracts lots of tourists. I have to say that it is a wonderful places, but I’m usually in favor of the not-so-modern-and-popularized places. Anyways, it is definitely a good idea to visit it. And don’t forget to walk around the “old part of the town”. The streets, the houses, everything is so lovely.
And ask for zumo fresco: they make the juice from fresh fruit. I had one from strawberries – delicious.
Thursdays, the bar ONDA, close to Plaza de la Merced – FLAMENCO show. Order a TINTO DE VERANO (the drink that marked my stay in Andalucía) and enjoy the outstanding dance typical for this place.
ALCAZABA Y CASTILLO DEL GIBRALFARO, or history of Málaga and some Arabic flavor to the architecture. I would say… on a Sunday. Entrence is pretty cheap (like most of the places in Spain that I have visited) compared to places of interest in other countries.
I’m not saying it is very easy for someone who’s not used to walking but … seriously, on the way to the Castillo del Gibralfaro the sight of Málaga is AWESOME. I think I took ten photos in like five minutes. Just have a bottle of water with you and … off you go.
The walk through the Castillo is very fun, very interesting and informative.
Then the Alcazaba – fantastic! Just take a look at the walls…
More Reviews (19)
- See All How about buses?
- See All suggestion...
- See All Endless bar-crawling!
- if you really "must" spend some money
Malecka's Related Pages
Málaga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MALAGA LA BELLA"
- "MALAGA "CAPITAL OF THE COSTA DEL SOL""
- "MAGNIFICENT MALAGA"
- "There's more to Malaga than the airport"
- "Malaga & Costa del Sol UNDER RECONSTRUCTION....."
- "A WONDERFUL DAY WITH SPECIAL FRIENDS"
- "The Fortress and castle on top ranks high"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Málaga
- Hotels in Málaga
- Transportation in Málaga
- Nightlife in Málaga
- Restaurants in Málaga
- Shopping in Málaga
- Warnings and Dangers in Málaga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Málaga
- 25 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Málaga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Málaga
Top 10 Pages
- Skopje Intro, 36 reviews, 108 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Girona Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Selcuk Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nicaragua Intro, 22 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 25 reviews, 16 photos
- Turkey Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alcazaba- 39 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Gibralfaro Castle- 26 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Cathedral- 29 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Bullring- 16 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Calle Larios- 7 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Picaso Museum- 16 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Roman Theater- 17 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Plaza de la Merced- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Town hall- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Santiago Church- 4 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Málaga Things to Do