"Smiles sent from Sunny MACIE" Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia by Malecka
FYR of Macedonia Travel Guide: 3,232 reviews and 11,694 photos
This was originally a page for Ohrid, one of the most wonderful places to be visited when traveling through Macedonia. But, I realized that there is more to this small corner of the World than just one lovely town so... decided to make this a page for all the (or, as many as possible) lovely locations in this country, that offer an incredible experience!
Ohrid and Struga - sunset sitting on the rock in front of the Monastery Caneo... savoring the taste of "Pastrmka" (the trout) with white wine...
The village of Radozda (near Struga) - a church located in the steep rocks... more than an interesting site...
Bitola, and the ancient town Heraklea
Prilep, and the monastery Treskavec
Strumica (the have the best pea-nuts)
Stip - ask for Pita Pastrmajlija (you will not regret)
Mavrovo (especially in fall when the colors are DIVINE) and the little, picturesque village of Galichnik...
and the list goes on. Let's just say that if you're the kind of traveller that is kind of fed up with the visits of gorgeous beaches in famous resorts, or visits to those places that are normally a priority on each list... then... give it a try! Macedonia, and other Balkan countries, have a special spirit and people that are ready to make the stay of each visitor an awesome one!
Oh, I did not place the flag for some incredibly strong patriotic feelings - I REALLY think it is a cheerful one, and ... a SUNNY ONE!
And since I consider myself as a "sunny" person... it kind of suits the pages I've made!
In case you'd like to read some news, before visting Macie, you could take a look at:
www.realitymacedonia.org.mk (very informative and detailed)
(also a news provider, in English as well),
and for those who are also interested in politics:
Recently (that is june, 2004) I found out that FINALLY some smart people decided to create an alternative type of a travel agency. I know better than to actually advertise travel agency (to be honest, I haven't exactly loved my experience with them), but this really is something different.
GOMACEDONIA is a an agency that focuses on alternative travel. (in other words, don't look for the typical vacation-on-a-beach here).
THERE IS MORE INFO AT:
their offers, email, phone number, u name it...
So, give it a shot...
And a new one, also an excellent website about Macedonia is: http://www.exploringmacedonia.com/
- Pros:old churches and monasteries, mountains, good food and wine
- In a nutshell:Macie...a mix of many marvels
In the last 10-15 years, the Macedonian wine production has greatly changed. This has always been a wine-producing... more travel advice
I discovered Belvedere, a restaurant located in the very centre of Ohrid, very recently. The place is amazing. The... more travel advice
Malecka's Related Pages
FYR of Macedonia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Te Sakam Macedonia!"
- "FYR OF MACEDONIA"
- "Macedonia - Country of Charming Extremes"
- "Smiles sent from Sunny MACIE"
- "Mnogu ja sakam Makedonjia!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in FYR of Macedonia
- Hotels in FYR of Macedonia
- Transportation in FYR of Macedonia
- Nightlife in FYR of Macedonia
- Restaurants in FYR of Macedonia
- Shopping in FYR of Macedonia
- Warnings and Dangers in FYR of Macedonia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in FYR of Macedonia
- 69 Reviews
- 200 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to FYR of Macedonia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in FYR of Macedonia
Photos in FYR of MacedoniaSee All Photos (200)
Top 10 Pages
- Skopje Intro, 36 reviews, 108 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Girona Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Selcuk Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nicaragua Intro, 22 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 25 reviews, 16 photos
- Turkey Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue