"Selchuk... CHOK GYUZEL!" Top 5 Page for this destination Selcuk by Malecka
Selcuk Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 867 photos
We ended up choosing Selchuk as our “base” simply because we didn’t like to be in a place as commercial as Kushadasi, and at the same time the closeness to Ephesus had its influence.
Selchuk is absolutely wonderful, I loved it since the very first walk, the night of July 22nd – there is a lot to be seen, there are tourists and this, as I mentioned in my pages about Turkey in general, has its influence on the daily life of local people, but at the same time it is nothing like the money-sucking machine called Kushadasi (yes, you can tell that it is a town which didn’t impress me).
It is a good location point from which many daily trips to other places can be made, so... in other words, I do strongly recommend this turkish destination.
after discovering the beauties of Selchuk, a definite "must do" visit is the one to SHIRINDZE and PRIENE.
I decided to include the info on these places as Travelogues.
well, in the General info part I tried including a map and give some basic orientation tips; the "things to do" part has more on the places I think one should visit; and there are some tips on accommodation, restaurants and what I considered off the beaten path.
Also, I am NOT MAKING pages on Ephesus - I think it is pointless to repeat things, since there are a lot of tips about that particular location. So, I just made three tips about it and I think it is enough.
thanks for your attention!
- In a nutshell:strong local flavour, yet tourist-friendly
I decided to write about the neighbourhood that spreads after the supermarket that is across the street from the bus... more travel advice
One extra cool place is the ... think the name was: Anatolian village or something like that, you won’t miss it. It is... more travel advice
Malecka's Related Pages
Selcuk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selchuk... CHOK GYUZEL!"
- "A GREAT LITTLE TOWN"
- "Diamonds in the Rough"
- "Selcuk and St. John Basilica"
- "EPHESUS – ROMAN CAPITAL OF ASIA"
- "Selcuk---Home to an Ancient Wonder of the World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Selcuk
- Hotels in Selcuk
- Transportation in Selcuk
- Nightlife in Selcuk
- Restaurants in Selcuk
- Shopping in Selcuk
- Warnings and Dangers in Selcuk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Selcuk
- 24 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Selcuk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Selcuk
Photos in SelcukSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Skopje Intro, 36 reviews, 108 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Girona Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Selcuk Intro, 24 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nicaragua Intro, 22 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Málaga Intro, 25 reviews, 16 photos
- Turkey Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue