"Selchuk... CHOK GYUZEL!" Top 5 Page for this destination Selcuk by Malecka

Selcuk Travel Guide: 324 reviews and 867 photos

We ended up choosing Selchuk as our “base” simply because we didn’t like to be in a place as commercial as Kushadasi, and at the same time the closeness to Ephesus had its influence.
Selchuk is absolutely wonderful, I loved it since the very first walk, the night of July 22nd – there is a lot to be seen, there are tourists and this, as I mentioned in my pages about Turkey in general, has its influence on the daily life of local people, but at the same time it is nothing like the money-sucking machine called Kushadasi (yes, you can tell that it is a town which didn’t impress me).
It is a good location point from which many daily trips to other places can be made, so... in other words, I do strongly recommend this turkish destination.

the "musts"...

after discovering the beauties of Selchuk, a definite "must do" visit is the one to SHIRINDZE and PRIENE.
I decided to include the info on these places as Travelogues.

how I organized my Selchuk pages

well, in the General info part I tried including a map and give some basic orientation tips; the "things to do" part has more on the places I think one should visit; and there are some tips on accommodation, restaurants and what I considered off the beaten path.
Also, I am NOT MAKING pages on Ephesus - I think it is pointless to repeat things, since there are a lot of tips about that particular location. So, I just made three tips about it and I think it is enough.
thanks for your attention!
:-)))

• In a nutshell:strong local flavour, yet tourist-friendly
  • Last visit to Selcuk: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 21, 2010

Malecka

“Make LIFE a UNIQUE journey!!!”

Badges & Stats in Selcuk