"Geilo" Top 5 Page for this destination Geilo by daarth
Geilo Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 83 photos
Geilo is situated about halfway between Oslo and Bergen at the top end of the valley Hallingdal.
It is one of Norway’s best ski resorts with 18 lifts and a couple of hundred kilometres of cross-country tracks. Geilo is also a popular resort in the summer and offers many activities as hiking, fishing, rafting and mountain cycling.
I visit Geilo often as I have family living there.
I lived there once and used to use the ski-lifts a lot, but lately I prefere cross-country skiing.
- Pros:A small village with all the facilities you can imagine
- Cons:Can be a bit crowded in the popular seasons
- In a nutshell:The perfect family resort
Here is all a snowboarder could dream about. An olympic size (or what it's called) half-pipe. . . . . . more travel advice
As mentioned, Geilo is at the top end of the valley Hallingdal in unique surroundings. Near Geilo is the beautiful... more travel advice
daarth's Related Pages
Geilo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Geilo, Norway"
- "Geilo, Gateway to Hardangervidda"
- "Mountain high - GEILO - Norway"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geilo
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Geilo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geilo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergen Intro, 74 reviews, 127 photos, 7 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 35 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Puerto Banus Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geilo Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos