Europe Local Custom Tips by daarth
Europe Local Customs: 194 reviews and 207 photos
Some Europeans have the strangest ideas.
Some times Europeans fight and quarrel. It can seem strange to others. No wonder there are so many countries in so small an erea.
The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.
As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).
In the first year, 's' will be used instead of the soft 'c'. Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard 'c' will be replaced with 'k.' Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.
There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome 'ph' will be replaced by 'f'. This will make words like 'fotograf' 20 per sent shorter. In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent 'e's in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go.
By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing 'th' by 'z' and 'w' by 'v'.
During ze fifz year, ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vords kontaining 'ou', and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to zer kombinations of leters.
After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl.
Zer vil b no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru.
This is what Jim Morison would look like if he lived today....
Picture by <a href='http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.183679/'>bluechromis</a>
This picture from Paris in 1978 is NOT Jim Morrison. It is a completely different person. Don't start any Elvis rumors please!
I died in Paris in 1971, and I will deny the rest of my days that I was spottet in Paris later in the seventies!!!
We like to gather at the piano to sing.
Europeans also have their own idea of how things work.
Did you know that Europe is light headed and heavy bellied?
The aria counting Norway, Sweden and Finland covers the same as the area counting France, Germany and United Kingdom. About 1,1 mill. sq.km.
The first has a population of 18,5 mill. while the belly has a population of 200 mill! See more facts on my Norway page.
More Reviews (25)
- Packing List
- See All Yes, Europeans have a life.
- See All Europeans enjoy a good laugh....
- See All Circumnavigating Scotland
daarth's Related Pages
Europe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The very BEST places of EUROPE"
- "A-Z of Europe"
- "Travelling through Europe...."
- "Europe, where does it start and finish?"
- "The Little 3d Sister: Europe"
- "A part of Europe I have visited and admired"
- "EUROPE - the old World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Europe
- Hotels in Europe
- Transportation in Europe
- Nightlife in Europe
- Restaurants in Europe
- Shopping in Europe
- Warnings and Dangers in Europe
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Explore the World
- Columbus Hotels
- Port Weller Hotels
- Field Hotels
- Tequesta Hotels
Badges & Stats in Europe
- 478 Reviews
- 1,002 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 53 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Europe
Videos in EuropeSee All Videos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergen Intro, 74 reviews, 127 photos, 7 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 35 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Puerto Banus Intro, 8 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geilo Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (165)
Top Europe hotels
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Barcelona Hotels
- 9486 Reviews - 21653 Photos
- Benidorm Hotels
- 440 Reviews - 765 Photos
- Vienna Hotels
- 7360 Reviews - 18232 Photos
- Prague Hotels
- 11819 Reviews - 24788 Photos
- Amsterdam Hotels
- 10124 Reviews - 21103 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 891 Photos
- Venice Hotels
- 8187 Reviews - 21637 Photos
- Florence Hotels
- 5098 Reviews - 11237 Photos
- Sorrento Hotels
- 637 Reviews - 1431 Photos
- Albufeira Hotels
- 360 Reviews - 664 Photos
- Dublin Hotels
- 5144 Reviews - 9451 Photos